How long (after 8.x is released) will 7.x continue to receive compatibility updates?

Options
wj1pfan
wj1pfan
Community Member

Just curious what the answer to that will be, for those of us who have no interest in having a 1Password account and yet another subscription. The lack of even the option for local vaults and wifi sync is a dealbreaker.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @wj1pfan! 👋

1Password 7 is still receiving updates and it works great on macOS Monterey. I don't have an answer for what support for 1Password 7 will look like after 1Password 8 is released however I will note that when 1Password 7 was released 1Password 6 stopped receiving updates. This doesn't necessarily mean that the same will happen with 1Password 7 and I expect that we'll have more information here as we approach the release of 1Password 8 for Mac.

1Password 8 is indeed subscription only and you can read some of our founder's thoughts on our decision to go all in on 1Password.com here: What is the future of local/standalone vaults? — 1Password Support Community

We're currently offering very large discounts on 1Password memberships to customers who have been longtime license users. I recommend that you email our dedicated migration team at support+tradein@1password.com. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly support assistant, with a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Please post the Support ID here and I'll make sure that your email gets to our migration team so that they can offer you a heavily discounted membership. 😊

This discussion has been closed.