To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Is there an additional charge to sync between my iphone and Macbook

Options
Jmano
Jmano
Community Member

Is there an additional charge to sync between my iphone and Macbook

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Is there an additional charge to sync between my iphone and Macbook

Comments

• Jmano
    Jmano
    Community Member
    Options

If so, How much?
    Thank you

• Hello @Jmano! 👋

If you're already using a 1Password account then you can use 1Password on all of your devices, there's no limit. Your 1Password account will make sure that all your devices stay updated when you edit or update any of your items. Simply follow these steps on each of your devices:

1. Download and install the 1Password app
    2. Add your 1Password account to the app

Let me know if that helps. 😊

• Jmano
    Jmano
    Community Member
    Options

I did install the iphone app but when I went into the settings on the iphone and clicked on Cloud synchronisation it brought up an ad by Safe Lock to get full access for better experience at $39.99 per year. Naturally, I did not subscribe.
    I could not find another way to sync except through the cloud?
    Thanks for your concern.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Jmano

I'm not sure what app you have installed, but our app, 1Password, does not have ads for Safe Lock in it. 🙂 Sync is handled by 1Password itself. Could you please confirm if it is indeed the 1Password app that you are using?

Ben

• Jmano
    Jmano
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben
    I installed the correct app from the Mac App store twice. I may have a problem of someone hacking me?
    My son has used an iphone and 1password for many years. I think maybe I should have him look at what is happening and maybe he can help or at least make some sense of this?
    I will advise in a couple of days.
    Thank you
    jmano

• Ben
    Options

@Jmano

Gotcha. I can confirm that we don't have any affiliation with Safe Lock, and you shouldn't be seeing any such ads coming from 1Password. It may be worth having your computer looked over to verify:

1. The correct app (and only the correct app) is installed (Mac App Store link for 1Password is https://apps.apple.com/us/app/1password-7-password-manager/id1333542190?mt=12 )
    2. Malware is not present

If you find neither of those are the case, and you're still seeing this, please send one or more screenshots illustrating the problem to us via email at support@1password.com.

Thank you!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.