I would like a simple and legible way to print all passwords on a PC Windows 10

Options
dmit1955
dmit1955
Community Member

I would like a report that could be tailored to printing all passwords selecting the fields desired. How can that be done? If not possible can the developer add same? Thanks.

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Referrer: forum-search:I would like a simple and legible way to print all passwords on a PC Windows 10

Comments

• Hello @dmit1955, thank you for this question. 👋

You can print your passwords using 1Password's export option. I'll explain how to do this below, as well as some important security considerations to think over before you go through with the process. Here goes!

How to Export from 1Password 🚢

1. Log into your 1Password 8 for Windows app as usual.
    2. Click the ... button, then Export > (the name of your account).
    3. Select the file format you'd like to export to. In this case, it will be "CSV" - this is compatible with Microsoft Excel, for example.
    4. Enter your Account Password (the one you use to sign into the app) and click Export Data.
    5. Choose a folder on your system to export to, and then click Save.

And with that, your selected items will be exported to a file of your choosing. 👍 From here, you can print it out as you would any regular text file.

However, you should know that any information that leaves 1Password in this way will no longer be protected by 1Password. In technical terms, this is unencrypted plain text - so make sure that if you do choose to export, you do so to a device you trust, delete any copies you don't need, and generally take precautions to ensure the safety of your data.

I hope this proves helpful to you. Let me know if you're able to export using these steps - we'll look forward to hearing from you!

• dmit1955
    dmit1955
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your help Peter. It worked fairly well - great instructions. I am not sure why the Developer just does not create a report to allow this? It is the client that would be at risk...

• Hi @dmit1955:

On behalf of Peter, you're very welcome! Additionally, I've shared your thoughts about being able to print from 1Password internally, so thanks for your feedback on this. If you need anything in the future, please get in touch.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#9570

This discussion has been closed.