BUG - UI Inconsistency between desktop and Firefox plugin

Options
jimgarrison
jimgarrison
Community Member
edited March 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I renamed an entry in the Windows desktop app v8

When I access the vault via the Firefox plugin, it shows two copies of the entry, one with the old name and one with the new name (same password in both)

1Password Version: 8.6
Extension Version: 2.3.2
OS Version: Win 10x64 Pro

Comments

• jimgarrison
    jimgarrison
    Community Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

A little more research shows that the problem is due to a subtle change in the app behavior from v7 to v8 when you have "All accounts" selected. It seems it defaulted to choosing my personal vault instead of "All Items", and this isn't very obvious.

There was a duplicate entry in a different account (with the old name).

Note in the FF plugin the meaning of "All Accounts" differs from the desktop. In the plugin there is no 2-level selection hierarchy. "All Accounts" really means "All accessible vaults". In the desktop you have to make 2 selections, first "All accounts" and then "All Items".

This is a UI inconsistency that should be fixed. At least change the name to "All Vaults" in the plugin.

For more fun, do the following, with 2 accounts unlocked:

1. Click All Items - All items from both accounts are visible
    2. Select one account - Focus shifts to that account's first vault, and there is no way to view all entries from all vaults in that account at the same time. You can't Ctrl-Click on multiple vaults to show more than one.
    3. Now select All Accounts again. Focus goes back to the first vault in the first account.

Sorry, but this is highly confusing and violates the UI principle of "least surprise".

This discussion has been closed.