I’m trying to rename a saved document [photo] attached to a note to something besides a number

Options
Zephyr503
Zephyr503
Community Member

I have a Note called ‘Travel Documents’ and I want to attach to that note a photo of my passport, vaccine record, my wife’s passport, etc. In an order version of 1Password I could simply drag the photo in the Note and then rename the file into text that would be meaningful instead of a number.extension. I can’t seem to do this. I am working on a MacBook Air using v7.9.3 of 1Password.

Other files in this Note created on earlier versions still have the readable name of files, e.g. Lxxxx’s Passport, Txxxx’s Passport, etc.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Renaming documents attached to a note

Comments

• Hello @Zephyr503! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with file attachments. Is it possible that you were using related items before and now you're using the new file attachment feature that we introduced for 1Password accounts in November 2022? While you can rename Document items that are linked to another item you can't rename file attachments from inside the 1Password app.

You can read more about related items here: Link related items in 1Password

I recommend that you rename the photo before attaching it to a Secure Note in 1Password. Let me know if that helps. 😊

• Zephyr503
    Zephyr503
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Dave. Sorry about the delay in responding. I appreciate your attention to my question and the ideas you have given me. I’m in the middle of caring 24x7 for my father-in-law as he finishes his life. In some downtimes, I’ll check out your ideas. Take care. Thanks again.

• @Zephyr503

I'm so sorry to hear about your father-in-law. Please take care of yourself and your family and we'll be here to help when you're able to come back to this. Please stay safe and I wish you and your family well.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.