Turning off field suggestions

Options
2»

Comments

• nukmicah
    nukmicah
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having an issue on the SAP Concur expense reporting website where the autofill popup appears where it shouldn't.

I've sent an email with the collected_page_structure.json to support+x@1password.com as recommended earlier in this thread, so you guys can write whatever custom code you need to stop showing your menu on this site. Note that the 1Password popup is covering the website's autofill popup, which has the correct entry for me 99% of the time.

But further, might you consider adding an "X" button to your inline menu to reduce the annoyance of this for future problematic websites? @ag_yaron suggested three options, (1) Pressing ESC on your keyboard, (2) Clicking on a blank area in the page to remove focus from the field, and (3) Clicking the little 1Password icon on the right side of the field to toggle it off. But (1) and (3) were not intuitive to me, and (2) causes the SAP Concur autofill menu to disappear, too, which is NOT desired behavior (99% of the time it has the proper autofill entry for me at the very top of its list).

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @nukmicah! I was able to locate your ticket and have replied from there. Thanks for letting us know about this.

• siplhium
    siplhium
    Community Member
    Options

I agree that this is is an annoying problem, and really wish 1Password would do better, and do what it ought to do to stay out of the way. I say this as both a web developer and a user. I don't want to have to add special attributes to cover every password manager, or some other extension that misbehaves. Maybe if you develop for a specific set of users who you know have 1Password, maybe an attribute will help, and I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be offered (I don't understand the fear of developers abusing the attribute). But it's really a band-aid, not a real solution. If a user has a browser extension installed and it interferes with their work or experience, that's between the extension provider/vendor and the user. It shouldn't be the developers' concern, and developers shouldn't have to add or change attributes to cater to any extension's behavior. I don't know what the answer is, except for 1Password to work even harder and do better at staying out of the way when it is neither needed or wanted. My fear -- and this is reinforced by the suggestions I've seen in this thread -- is that higher priority is being given to adding new bells and whistles rather than focusing on improving behavior and really looking hard into where 1Password fails to do what it is supposed to do.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @siplhium thanks for reaching out. When we run across instances where 1Password is making suggestions where it's not supposed to, we do try to correct the issue on our end. We're not always aware of where these bugs exist though, so we appreciate when users reach out and let us know about it.

As for when users or developers want to turn off suggestions in fields that 1Password typically do fill, our best recommendation is to indeed use the workarounds mentioned previously. That said, I understand those workarounds are not perfect, and I can pass along your input about this to our dev team. We're always looking to improve 1Password, and we truly appreciate the feedback.

Community Member
    Options

+1 on the idea of data-1password-off="true"

This discussion has been closed.