Turn off automatic fill for all input boxes

Options
WorldMan
WorldMan
Community Member
edited March 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I want to turn off the automatic fill of information from 1P in my Firefox browser.

Two problems: 1P tries to fill a Name in a New Contact in my webmail app.

In valid sign in dialog boxes, 1P puts a list of possible usernames/emails that covers the password entry box that is usually below the username entry box. I also use the Firefox form fillin option for those web sites that do not contain private information that I do not want to expose; the 1P list covers the FF list of choices which are most often correct so that I want to use what FF fills in.

So I want to be able to turn off the automatic display of choices by 1P in the sign in boxes and the incorrect Name box in a New Contact form in my web mail.

How do I do this?

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: 2.3.0
OS Version: MacOS 10.14.6

Comments

• Hello @WorldMan,

Generally, we recommend using 1Password for all filling jobs since it is better and more secure than letting your browsers do that. However, if you want to, you can try these steps to make 1Password leave some of the fillings to your browsers.

1. Right-click 1Password's icon in Firefox's toolbar > Settings > General > Switch off the "make 1Password the default password manager" option.

2. Open your browser > copy and paste this text to the browser's address bar: about:preferences#privacy > Press enter / Return > Scroll to "Logins and Passwords" and turn on the Autofill options you want.

Also, I agree that the inline menu that automatically appears under an input field could sometimes be quite intrusive. In this case, you can try these steps to prevent it from opening from a website until you ask it to do so.

Right-click the 1Password icon in browser toolbar => Settings => Scroll down to "Autofill" => Turn off "Show autofill menu on field focus".

• WorldMan
    WorldMan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the suggestions. I made most of the settings changes in both 1P and FF and I will observe the new behaviors and adjust as necessary.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@WorldMan On behalf of Nhat, you're welcome. Please feel free to reach out again if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.