Report: signin.att.com not prompting for username fill in

Options

Hello!

signin.att.com won't show the 1P8 dropdown for auto-filling in. But, if I click on the password box, it shows the option.

Please see video here

Let me know if there are any other details required.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.6.0
Extension Version: 2.3.2
OS Version: macOS 12.2.1

Comments

• @1pwdnoob

Apologies for the delay in responding! The video you shared does not appear to be available for viewing anymore. That said, I was able to find the sign in page for AT&T and can confirm the behaviour you're seeing. It appears they have the username field titled as a type="search" field, which would explain the behaviour you're seeing. I can't tell if this coding is intentional to explicitly prevent password managers from autofilling, or whether this is an oversight on the developer's behalf. Either way, I've reported this to our development team. Hopefully we can get this working for you in an upcoming release.

In the meantime, if you manually add your username to your Login item, you should be able to use the drag and drop feature to autofill the username. I realize it's not ideal, but should help out until we have this fixed. Let me know how that works for you!

ref: dev/core/core#13312

• 1pwdnoob
    1pwdnoob
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks so much @ag_chantelle. I appreciate the thorough response!

That's correct, I've been using the drag and drop feature to get by. Thank you for reporting this to the internal dev team.

My guess is that it's probably an oversight on their dev team.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@1pwdnoob On behalf of Chantelle you are welcome!

This discussion has been closed.