Chrome extension requires login now?

Options

Hi,

All had been working great until 2 days ago. My Chrome's 1Password extension has a lock on it and if I double click on it it opens up the 1Password website with login instead of just opening up the app. I don't have an account with 1Password since I've purchased a standalone license, which had been working fine with the extension so far. Removed and reinstalled the extension, Chrome is updated. Is there a solution for that? Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.6.4

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @cmpsr! With a standalone license, you'd have to use the classic extension in order to save and fill: https://support.1password.com/cs/1password-classic-extension/

That said, if you are using Chrome on a Mac, the classic extension would no longer be compatible. Here is more information about that: https://support.1password.com/kb/202203/

I would definitely recommend upgrading to a membership if you're on a Mac. We can definitely help out with a promotion, since you're a long time user. Please let me know if you're interested!

• benek
    benek
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem and it's super frustrating. Been happily using 1 Password 6 for years and this is a silly reason to have to switch over to a more expensive subscription account. It's a real shame 1 Password 6 users are being left out in the cold here. Without the Chrome extension it's pretty useless.

• gatek
    gatek
    Community Member
    Options

How can I have a promotion? I've been using 1P for more than 10 years.

• drew289
    drew289
    Community Member
    Options

I have the standalone license as well and would be interested in seeing what the promotion is to upgrade to membership. I had also paid for the Windows license. Thank you.

• legacysubscription
    legacysubscription
    Community Member
    Options

This is crazy - 1Password need to either provide a classic extension update that is compatible with Chrome or offer legacy licensees with a complimentary subscription.

• webelvis
    webelvis
    Community Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

Yes, Promotion please I'm a user since 2011 @Joy_1P

• Bouncytigger
    Bouncytigger
    Community Member
    Options

Can confirm "classic" extension no longer works. Somewhat disappointed that it is now broken and there was no notification that it would break. This is how you loose loyal customers (I have been using since it first came out). It was a great piece of software, small compact and just did what it said on the tin. Now I am required to install 24Mb of extension just to get the same functionality back as a tiny <1Mb extension and have the extension talk natively to the server side.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey all! Just want to provide some further context. The last major update to 1Password 6 for Mac was in 2018, and the classic extension has stopped receiving development updates since 2019. As such, we recommend upgrading to 1Password 7 through a membership. With a membership, you would always have access to the latest version of 1Password and all of its updates.

As far as promotions go, we are happy to help with it @gatek @drew289 @webelvis. Please reach out to us directly at support+tradein@1password.com to discuss this further. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here so that I can locate your ticket and connect you with our Migration team.

• webelvis
    webelvis
    Community Member
    Options

Done thx

• gatek
    gatek
    Community Member
    Options

I am already in contact with support, thank you!

• timowade
    timowade
    Community Member
    Options

NWJ-85117-551 I have migrated my data and have a free trial. Is there a promotion for long time users? (11 years)

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@webelvis @gatek You're both welcome! @timowade I've located your ticket and have reached out to our Migration team (about the promotion!). They'll be in touch with you soon :)

• benek
    benek
    Community Member
    Options

@Joy_1P I've emailed and my support ID is #RDS-72832-774. Thanks!

• sjn_ns
    sjn_ns
    Community Member
    Options

A caution for those who use Chrome and Brave:

I stopped using the 'membership' version of the extension last year - because it would never remember my 'include in all vaults' preference in its settings, in both browsers. (Safari is fine)

It would then offer useless suggestions from vaults I maintain as a long-term 'archive'. 1P tech support did try to help, but nothing fixed it. I assumed this was because I was on a very old OS - but it still happens on an M1 with 12.3.

Fortunately, when I transferred my data to the new Mac, Brave kept the old 'desktop' extension, and it miraculously still works (knock on wood...). Unfortunately, Chrome lost its extensions in the move, so I'm stuck with the dysfunctional 'membership' version there...

• drew289
    drew289
    Community Member
    Options

VDL-58787-814

Thank you.

• hij001
    hij001
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here. Chrome extension stopped working. So now I have two choices, switch to another browser for as long as that extension works or swallow the membership you are trying to ram down my throat? I never upgraded to 1password 7 because of the membership construction that goes with version 7. I don't want a membership, I had a working solution and want to keep it. So what options can you give longtime users like me?

• Jack.P_1P
    edited March 2022
    Options

Hi @hij001:

Reaching out to us via email at support+tradein@1password.com would be your best bet to discuss available options. After emailing in, you'll receive a support ID from BitBot, post that here, and I'll be able to make sure your email to us got to the right place.

Jack

• hij001
    hij001
    Community Member
    Options

MWM-81649-138

Is this it?

Thanks

• Hey @hij001:

That's exactly it. As you can imagine, we're a bit busier than we usually are, but we'll try our best to be with you as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our response!

Jack

ref: MWM-81649-138

• MisterPlow
    MisterPlow
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there. Same boat for me. Been a 1P owner since March 2011. Thanks Joy_1P or Jack in advance for the promo code as I am now stuck.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @MisterPlow! Did you send an email to support+tradein@1password.com? If you did, and have not yet received a response, please let me know your ticket ID. I'll look for your ticket and reach out to our Migration team for you!

• MisterPlow
    MisterPlow
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! I think my ticket ID is #DQK-47333-627.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MisterPlow Found it! I've reached out to the Migration team for you. As Jack mentioned, things are a bit busier than normal, but the Migration team will definitely reply as soon as they can. Thanks so much for your patience.

• MisterPlow
    MisterPlow
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Joy

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MisterPlow You're welcome! Please don't hesitate to reach out again if you need any help.

This discussion has been closed.