1Password 8 Firefox extension conflicts with "I don't care about cookies"-extension

Options
DASKAjA
DASKAjA
Community Member
edited March 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I'm using the 1Password for Mac 8.6.0 (80600081) with Firefox 98.0.1 and the installed "I don't care about cookies" extension in version 3.3.7. I noticed that when I'm trying to register on any site for a new account and let 1Password suggest a password, the site gets dimmed but the 1Password modular dialog for saving the new account doesn't show up. I debugged it down to the "I don't care about cookies" extension, which prevents the dialog from appearing. After I disabled I don't care about cookies for the current URL, 1Password works as expected.

I don't know who needs to fix this, 1Password or I don't care about cookies, but I suggest to try to mitigate that the 1Password firefox extension will be in any conflict with any other (blocking) extension.

1Password Version: 8.6.0
Extension Version: 2.3.0
OS Version: macOS 12.3

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey there @DASKAjA, thanks for reaching out! It sounds like your extension may be blocking 1Password from save your logins. In that situation, there's not much we can do, as the action comes from the third party extension and not from us. It might be worth it to reach out to your extension's support team to see if it would be possible to whitelist 1Password. Outside of that, my other suggestion would be to use 1Password in a different browser or profile.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you, but I do hope I've been able to provide some insight into this matter. Let us know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.