Feature Request: 1Password 8 for Windows - Filter by Vault

burnersk
burnersk
Community Member

Situation

I have a family account and may shared vaults (between family members).

1Password 7 for Windows supported to filter by vaults.

1Password 8 for Windows only supports to list all entries within a vault, but when filtering, the vault restriction is lifted and the filter applies to all vaults.

The issue

My family is sharing their login credentials for Service A. When I search for Service A in the Android app, I only see the entry from my vault, because I hide the other vaults.

With 1Password 8 for Windows, I see many Service A entries, from various shared vaults, and need to find the correct (my) entry.

Desired solution

Allow to restrict the current view to one or more selected vaults, like it was possible in 1Password 7 for Windows and is still possible in the current 1Password for Android or various browser integrations.

I want to "hide" certain vaults, which I usually not need. Search and filter results shall only be shown for the selected vaults.

1Password Version: 8.6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hi @burnersk:

Thanks for your feedback on this. There's a few different ways to accomplish this. One way is you can create a collection which is a subset of vaults: Use collections to create custom groups of vaults

After creating your collection, you can choose it in the account switcher, and then your searches will be limited to the included vaults.

If you're wanting to limit the search to just a single vault, you can do that as well. With the vault selected in the sidebar, pressing ctrl+f will fill the vault selector search operator =vault:Vault Name into your search bar. Type in your search, and your results will only be in your selected vault. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• burnersk
    burnersk
    Community Member

Hi @Jack.P_1P:

Thank you for the Collection suggestion! This is working as wanted.

However, coming from 1Password 7 for Windows, this is a breaking change in user experience (not good or bad). Maybe for a possible 1Password 9, could you now stick with the current Collections solution?

Anyway, the Collection solution is pretty good (maybe better that the v7 solution in some use cases), in my opinion.

This discussion has been closed.