1Password for Safari Broken on MacBook

VirgilBoy
VirgilBoy
Community Member

Trying to open 1PW in Safari results in the window displaying "Loading" for 30 or 30 seconds, then displays "Enter your password". If I open the 1PW application from the menubar, the app opens properly, unlocking via Apple Watch.

With 1PW application unlocked, I am still getting this same symptom...1PW in Safari refusing to unlock normally. Restarting Safari does not help. Toggling the extension on and off does not help.

[screenshot removed by moderator to protect PII]

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.1
OS Version: 12.3

Comments

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member

This also happened on my M1 Mac Mini 5 days ago. All software versions same as reported above

• sentros
    sentros
    Community Member

This also happens on my MBP 16" 2019. Also if I keep clicking on the 1password icon in safari it might say loading for 3 times in a row and then magically it works on the 4th time just to keep going back to loading on the 5th and 6th time etc.

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member
    edited March 2022

Hopefully someone from support will finally chime in here! a few minutes after I posted my issue, it finally resolved itself. But this is not something you can ignore

• Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this situation. The next time this happens please note the time, and then gather a diagnostic report from the 1Password desktop app and a console log from your web browser. The diagnostic report can be generated from 1Password > Preferences > Advanced > Send Diagnostics. Instructions for gathering the console log can be found here.

Attach the diagnostics and console log to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com. With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Armed with that information we should be able to compare what the browser extension was doing with what the desktop app was doing, and figure out why the two weren't communicating with each other. Thanks very much!

Ben

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member

Will do @Ben

• 😊👍️

Ben

This discussion has been closed.