Support for Orion Browser

Comments

• derv
    derv
    Community Member

Adding my voice to the mix - I've been using Orion for the past few weeks and it's excellent...apart from the 1Password plugin autofill. Please, consider adding support. The HackerNews crowd is already saying Orion is "My Next Main Browser" so I don't think it'll be a niche browser for much longer.

• danieljomphe2
    danieljomphe2
    Community Member
    edited March 2022

Hi! Please add my voice to this request.
    I'm a longtime user and has introduced 1P for Business at work too.
    Orion is a new lightweight and privacy-oriented choice that is not chromium-based, for once!
    An even faster & safer Safari, with Chrome/FF extensions support!

• kinuli
    kinuli
    Community Member

+1 for this, I started using Orion 2 weeks ago and I love, sad not having the most important extension (1Password)

• 😄 👍

• jhildenbiddle
    jhildenbiddle
    Community Member
    edited March 2022

Another vote for Orion.

I understand the 1Password team's hesitancy given the additional work it would likely to create, but Orion is such a compelling option with strong momentum that I think it should be considered.

One possible solution could be to provide Orion support as a "beta" or "experimental" option within 1Password's preferences. Users who enable support accept that the 1Password team has not vetted Orion the same way they do mainstream browsers. That is the risk users have to evaluate for themselves. If/when 1Password has determined that enough users care about Orion or that they can support Orion with the same level of care as mainstream browsers, the "beta/experimental" option can be removed.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@jhildenbiddle Appreciate the feedback! I'm actually going to download Orion myself to see how it works since so many of you all have recommended it. In the meantime, I'll pass along your thoughts to our dev team. Thanks!

• raulp
    raulp
    Community Member

Hey! Want to chime in and kindly ask for supporting the Orion browser.

I'm a long-time user and fan of 1Password.

• N33EKe3KWQJcpGdqLFh6
    N33EKe3KWQJcpGdqLFh6
    Community Member

Same here, please enable Orion to use 1Password.

• cdpritch
    cdpritch
    Community Member

+1 for Orion browser support. Been using 1Password for years and years. Just started using Orion and its my new default browser. But not having a working 1Password extension is a bummer.

• shripad
    shripad
    Community Member

Can we please get support for Orion? I don't want to use Chrome on my Mac. It slows the entire system down! Thank you!

• beautifulentropy
    beautifulentropy
    Community Member

Created an account just to +1 this.

• retrobits
    retrobits
    Community Member

+1 for adding Orion browser support. Long time 1password user and I would love to be able to completely move to Orion.

• Thanks folks. We appreciate your passion.

• joeyyax
    joeyyax
    Community Member
    edited March 2022

Hopeful for some traction on this sooner than later. Orion has been great to use but 1Password's lack of support really hinders the experience.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@joeyyax I'll add your feedback to our internal ticket, thanks for reaching out!

• monoxside
    monoxside
    Community Member

+1 for orion support. pretty please

• runtjme323
    runtjme323
    Community Member

@ag_tommy @Joy_1P Is there a particular reason why this whitelisting is taking this long?

It seems to me like it should be a relatively simple thing.

• wapiti
    wapiti
    Community Member

Why not join the sea of voices. It's literally my only issue with Orion and is stopping me from making it my browser of choice.

• runtjme323
    runtjme323
    Community Member

It's literally my only issue with Orion and is stopping me from making it my browser of choice.

Same here. The terrible "noted" and "added to the ticket" responses from the 1P team make me seriously consider my 2 family subscriptions.

• @runtjme323

We reply because we value the feedback. We gather all of the interest we receive and pass that along to the decision makers. I’m not in a position to guarantee this browser will be supported, but what I can do is continue to advocate for it.

• kishanpatel
    kishanpatel
    Community Member

This is crazy. We’ve been waiting 5 months to verify a browser.

Any plans to do so? Yes? No? Let us know. Give us an actual update. I’ve been a subscriber for years and this just feels like the team is putting this at the very bottom of the to-do list. I assumed after switching to electron it would be easier to get small things like this implemented.

If this is something the team is hell-bent on not adding, it’d be nice to know before the re-subscription hits.

• billgates69
    billgates69
    Community Member

+1 as well, browser has the potential to be mainstream once officially released.

• Parzi3000
    Parzi3000
    Community Member

+1 for Orion Support

• RetroAvenger
    RetroAvenger
    Community Member

+1 for Orion support. This browser will be my daily driver if I can get the 1Password extension!

• sromero021
    sromero021
    Community Member

I'd also like to chime in for 1password support with Orion! I've also been a long time 1password user and not having integration with Orion is the only thing stopping me from making it my default browser.

• b52src
    b52src
    Community Member

+1 for 1password support with Orion! I've user of 1Passord for a bit now and use it for both work(1Password Enterprise) and personal use, not having integration with Orion is also preventing moving to Orion as a default browser.

• srxavi
    srxavi
    Community Member

I would also like to see 1password working on Orion Browser.

• skrtks
    skrtks
    Community Member

+1 for Orion browser support. Been using 1Password for years and years. Just started using Orion and its my new default browser. But not having a working 1Password extension is a sad... Do you have a time frame on when this will be fixed?

• tryewski
    tryewski
    Community Member

+1 for Orion, guys, it's been so long, please just do it.