Save credentials to local vault option

Is there a possibility to save the new credentials to the local vault by default? I can't find that option. This would be very useful for the customers that use both local vaults and on-line vaults.

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: 2.3.2
OS Version: macOS 12.2.1

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @acirovic! It looks like you're using the new extension, which does not connect to local vaults. The new extension can only connect to accounts online. If you have an account, could I ask why you have not moved all of your data from your local vault to your account?

We typically recommend migrating all data to the account in order to keep things organized and more accessible. That said, there are certainly cases where having a separate local vault and an account are needed. If you can tell me more about why you have such a setup, I'll let you know what the best options would be.

• acirovic
    acirovic
    Community Member

Hi @Joy_1P, for policy reasons I can't save some of the credentials in the cloud service (regardless of the security level provided). For those credentials I use a local/standalone vault and sync using WLAN server.

Please keep the local/standalone feature alive. I'm ok with paying a subscription. I don't like it, but if the value provided is adequate I don't mind paying for it.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@acirovic Thanks for explaining that. In your case, I would recommend using our classic extension, which can support local vaults: https://support.1password.com/cs/1password-classic-extension/

Once that extension is set up in your browser, you can then select which vault to save your logins to by doing the following:

1. Open the 1Password app.
    2. Click on 1Password 7 > Preferences > Vaults.
    3. Go to Vault for Saving and select your desired vault.

If you use Safari, then the equivalent to the classic extension is our built-in Safari app extension. Let me know if you need help enabling it or using it.

This discussion has been closed.