How to drag and rearrange fields in sections?

Options
CCal
CCal
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Windows

I've been using 1Password for a while and I've always wondered why I cannot just drag and rearrange my fields within an item?
Is this option hidden somewhere or is this not yet implemented?

Now, if I want to rearrange an item with multiple fields, I have to delete everything other fields below it and re-create it from scratch.
Seems kind of unintuitive?

If it is not implemented, I would like to submit a "vote" to include such option.
Thanks.

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: W11

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hi @CCal !

Is this option hidden somewhere or is this not yet implemented?

This feature is actually not implemented yet.

Now, if I want to rearrange an item with multiple fields, I have to delete everything other fields below it and re-create it from scratch.

That's the only way at the moment...

Seems kind of unintuitive?

Yes, it is.

• PeterG_1P
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hi @CCal, thank you for the question, and @DenalB's answers here are correct. We recognize this is something folks will find useful and have an open feature request with our development team about it. I'll make sure (right now👍) to add your request to that discussion! Thanks for letting us know this is something you'd find value in.

ref: dev/core/core#11432
    ref: https://1password-internal.ideas.aha.io/ideas/IDEA-I-372

• sammysinc
    sammysinc
    Community Member
    Options

Pleaaassseee bring back this feature! When creating logins that might have multiple URL's it's important that we are able to set which url is first so when you click open and fill, it goes to that one. Many logins have multiple URL's that it needs to match for 1 password to work depending on how it's accessed. i.e. IPAddress, FQDN, PublicIP, etc... but there's a specific URL that should be opened by default.

• photonlight
    photonlight
    Community Member
    Options

I know there have been many discussions about the rearranging feature, but it would be nice to have it. I guess this comment is just to upvote the topic question.

By the way, is there any place where we could vote features?

• AliH1P
    Options

Hey @photonlight, thanks for reaching out. We currently have an internal feature request open for this and I've added your vote there to help highlight user interest.

Although we don't have a platform for users to vote directly, if you comment here on the forums or reach out to us through our support page, we're more than happy to open feature requests on your behalf or add your voice to existing requests.

Ali

ref: IDEA-I-372

• danno718
    danno718
    Community Member
    Options

Add my desparately PLEADING vote to restore the rearranging functionality as soon as possible.
    Must be able to move any field within any section and/or to any another section.
    Must be able to move any entire section within any item created within 1Password.
    And now that I just today upgraded 1Password on my iPhone, please fix the iOS app as well.
    Otherwise, however, I really like the new look and functionality of 1Password 8.
    Thanks folks!

• Hey @danno718, thanks for your feedback. I've added your voice to this request. The existing request is for 1Password 8 on all platforms including iOS 👍

I'm glad to hear you're otherwise enjoying the new look and functionality of 1Password 8!

Ali

ref: IDEA-I-372

• andrewshawcare
    andrewshawcare
    Community Member
    Options

I just added an SSH key and realized I can't name files (other than their original file name). Having a section solved my problem, but I realized once I created it I couldn't drag the files or passphrase into the section I just created.

Would love this feature to clean up my login data.

• lejouzz
    lejouzz
    Community Member
    Options

I am very interested in the feature to rearange fields as well!

• Hello @andrewshawcare and @lejouzz,

Thanks for your interest. There are few different threads about the topic of re-ordering fields and I will close this one to avoid duplicates.

For the most up to date information, you can follow along in this thread. I'd also suggest keeping an eye on 1Password Releases for news about new features hitting our Beta and Production channels.

We appreciate the feedback!

This discussion has been closed.