How does 1password prevent my bank from sending me an access code to my phone?

Options

I installed 1password today and it works fine with other sites, but after clearing all the cookies and data my bank wants to send an access code to my phone to register my computer, but it never arrives. I turned off 1password, or thought I did, and it still didn't work so now I have to enter a challenge code every time I log into my bank. Why is it doing this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.3.2
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @JCOP thanks for reaching out! When you clear your cache and cookies, your bank may think that you're logging in for the first time from that browser and therefore may try to verify your identity. This happens outside of 1Password and is dependent on the security procedures in place on your bank's website. Are you not getting the access code that the bank is sending to your phone? If not, my best recommendation is to contact your bank's customer support team. They would be able to help further.

• JCOP
    JCOP
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I am not getting the code. They call, not text, and the phone never rings or shows a missed call. I'll give them a shout and see what's up.

• 👍 Sounds good JCOP. Let us know the outcome.

This discussion has been closed.