My topic was closed immediately

Zews
Zews
Community Member

I am not very happy.

After having used 1P successfully for many years, recently updated to the latest version, and now running into issues I am not able to resolve I opened a topic about it.

I received one response that was not helpful as it did not answer my questions.

A second response by a 1P Team Member said "As @MerryBit provided (thanks for the assist!), 1Password for Chrome can be downloaded from the link there." Yet, I'd like to point out, my question was not about 1Password for Chrome! It was about the stand alone Version 7.9.3

In the same response he said "It sounds like you might be running into other issues though, and I see you've reached out to us as well, so continuing that conversation would be best. Please keep an eye out for our response. To avoid duplicating our efforts, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread."

What conversation? I have sent multiple emails and I have not heard anything from anybody. I am still dealing with 1P that doesn't work as it is supposed to. Very frustrating after dozens of years of near flawless use and support.

Thanks a lot 1P Team Member.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My topic was closed immediately

Comments

• Hi @Zews:

Thanks for following up. As you can imagine, with the recent change to Chrome's code signing certificate, we're a bit busier than we usually are, so I sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through helping customers like yourself migrate to a 1Password membership.

We offer two extensions for Chrome, 1Password classic, and 1Password in the browser. 1Password in the browser is our newer extension that offers more features, but only works with vaults in a 1Password account, and doesn't support local standalone vaults. The 1Password classic extension requires the desktop app, and does support standalone vaults, but doesn't offer as many features as our newer browser extension. For Safari, the 1Password extension is provided directly by 1Password 7 for Mac, and isn't downloaded separately.

It sounds like you may be used to previous functionality, where 1Password would autosubmit Login items after filling. We removed this feature in 1Password 7.2, and our Vice President of Engineering, Client Apps Michael Fey talks a bit about it's removal here in the "Mojave, mo' secure" section. In short, as operating systems have advanced, we became more limited on methods in which we could automatically submit, as well as situations where a website didn't behave quite as expected, resulting in potentially confusing situations. Requiring that you press return or click the Login or Sign In button on a page gives you one last chance to ensure that everything looks good before submitting the page.

1Password in the browser should be offering inline suggestions, like so:

If you're not seeing inline suggestions, check that "Offer to fill and save passwords" and "Show autofill menu on field focus" are enabled in Settings (Right click the 1Password icon in Chrome's toolbar > choose Settings):

Additionally, you mentioned that your wife invited you to her family account. Has she confirmed your account yet? After you accept the invite, she would have received an email prompting her to confirm your account to gain access to the Shared vault. After taking that step, you can view the Shared vault, as well as verify your standalone vault items were migrated to your Private vault by checking on 1Password.com. If they were not migrated successfully, continuing the email conversation would be the best bet, as my colleagues in the Migration team would be best equipped to ensure that all of your standalone vault items get moved to your 1Password account.

Just as a closing note, since we're unable to discuss account specifics here in public on the Support Community to protect your privacy and security, it often times is necessary to ensure that a conversation is moved over to email.

Thanks again for your patience!

Jack

• Zews
    Zews
    Community Member
    edited March 2022

No I am not patient about this anymore after four days of trying to make this disaster work.

I received an email with instructions that I followed to the letter, ... unfortunately. Previously I had disabled the old extension so I could at least get back to the previous use of it and have access to my vault. Now that I was instructed to delete the extension and I did, nothing works at all anymore.

I now want my old extension back to I can at least get back to something that kind of works, but 1Password makes it impossible to let me have the old extension!

Where do I get the 1Password classic extension?

• Zews
    Zews
    Community Member
    edited March 2022

This is what I get:

Instead of something like this:

When I go to a site to login I get this:

and this:

and this:

• Zews
    Zews
    Community Member

In order for me to currently be able to use 1P at all I have to open 1P each time I want to login somewhere, then copy and past my login name and password separately each time I need to login to any site. This is untenable. I can't function like that.

I want at least the old functionality back. Forget about the "great new features", I want my basic old features back. Right now I've got nothing!

• Zews
    Zews
    Community Member

"After you accept the invite, she would have received an email prompting her to confirm your account to gain access to the Shared vault. After taking that step, you can view the Shared vault, as well as verify your standalone vault items were migrated to your Private vault by checking on 1Password.com."

"If they were not migrated successfully, continuing the email conversation would be the best bet, as my colleagues in the Migration team would be best equipped to ensure that all of your standalone vault items get moved to your 1Password account.

It is painfully obvious that my vault was not migrated successfully, nor has the "Migration team" been helpful in making that happen. I have also not been able to find useful information on how to do this myself because the information provided here (https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/) only makes me run around in circles and I keep ending up at the same URL.

There are no instructions anywhere that tell me how to migrate my original vault. Apparently a new vault was created when I signed up for the new service, because I have my original vault called "1Password.opvault", and on the date I signed up "1Password new.opvault" was created.

• Zews
    Zews
    Community Member

I first contacted 1P tech support via email with this subject line "1P can't verify the identity of your web browser"

It was made clear to me that "1Password 6 for Mac no longer works in Chrome 99 or later." In that email I was also provided with a link to "Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account." This is the same link I mentioned in the previous note of a few minutes ago, which does not provide the needed information and keep me running around in circles and has me ending up at the same beginning URL each time I try.

It has been 5 days now since I switched.

This is all I see when I login to my account at 1password.com

When I click on "Open my vault" I see this. This is not my vault!

• Zews
    Zews
    Community Member

When I follow these instructions:

I get this:

When I click on "Contact Support" this leads me to a 1P support page where I am asked to provide a "Brief description of your issue" In other words I am back to where I started 5 days ago.

• MrBrillo
    MrBrillo
    Community Member

I feel your pain since I'm experiencing the same issue. I've strongly resisted upgrading since I can't see any direct benefit to me - it seems to be that 1password just wants everyone to get into their new revenue stream that only benefits them.

I'd be interested to see how you get on, so please do continue with your posting ...

• Hi @Zews,

I sincerely apologize for the ongoing issue. We'll need to take a closer look at how 1Password is currently set up on your Mac. Can you send us a diagnostics report from your Mac?

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com (change the 'To:' address to this one from the default). With your email please include:

A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/128277/my-topic-was-closed-immediately#latest
    Your forum username: Zews

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

Alvin

This discussion has been closed.