Opera Native Messaging Hosts Browser Verification Failed

It seems Opera (85.0.4341.18 and 85.0.4341.28) with the Chrome Beta extension and 1password app won't communicate.
Edge and Chrome are working.

12:50:46.734 background.js:2 💫 Looking for desktop app com.1password.1password 12:50:46.734 background.js:2 📤 Sending <NmRequestAccounts> message to native core <93509557> 12:50:46.793 background.js:2 Received <BrowserVerificationFailed> from the native core

I already reinstalled everything, set permissions and attributes with the helper utility, tried beta/stable browser extension. All the same.
Tried to use this help article but I can't find the folders for Opera or they don't exist. Checked app/browser extensions in the settings. Restarted everything. To success.

Comments

• @hummer

If you're using 1Password for Mac, desktop app integration is not supported with Opera. You can still use 1Password for your browser in Opera as a standalone web extension, but it will not be able to communicate with the desktop app or use biometrics to unlock.

• hummer
    hummer
    Community Member

That is a bummer. Will that be fixed in a future update?

• @hummer

We removed Opera from our trusted browser list a while ago, while evaluating whether the allegations against them engaging in questionable behaviour (like collecting user data without permission & deploying predatory load apps to their store) are true. That is not to say that we won't offer support again in the future. We are constantly re-evaluating and understand the need to have compatibility across browsers.

I'd be happy to share your request with or development team. Hopefully we'll see some positive changes for Opera support in a future release.

ref: dev/core/core#7970

• nemani
    nemani
    Community Member

Any update on this? Also do you have a link to the source of the allegations?

This discussion has been closed.