Forcefully upgraded to 7.9,3 now browser extensions are broken

Options
guyp
guyp
Community Member

It seems that overnight my version of 1password has been upgraded.. Since then the Safari and Chrome plugins don't work. Seems I need to pay a monthly fee.. I have a license.. I've had a license for well over 14 years now and paid upgrades as they came along.

I have no wish to pay for someone else to keep a copy of my passwords, no matter how secure your on-line store is.. I'm quite happy with my computers storing the passwords locally and syncing via Apple iCloud.

Why are you now trying to nag and force me to put my passwords in your cloud??? This was working all fine until yesterday.

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.2.1

Comments

• Hello @guyp! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password on your Mac. Can you tell me which version of 1Password you were using before and which one you're using now? And can you let me know if your license is for 1Password 7 or an earlier version of 1Password?

I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

• guyp
    guyp
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry I don't know the previous version, all I know is that it auto updates it's self when necessary, and so would have been as current as possible. (No Dev branches).

I'm currently running, which I downloaded from your site.

1Password 7
    Version 7.9.3 (70903003)
    1Password Store

Checking on my license I says, purchased 22 May 2018, and was for 1Passsword 7 for Mac.

• @guyp

Thank you for the reply. If you have a license for 1Password 7 then the built-in extension for Safari should continue to work. What message are you seeing when you try to use 1Password in Safari?

Regarding Chrome: is it possible that you installed 1Password in the browser? If you did, and you're using standalone vaults and not a 1Password account, then you'll need to use the classic extension instead: Get the 1Password classic extension

I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

• Alan674600
    Alan674600
    Community Member
    Options

I have this same problem on my Mac (macOS Monterey). Ever since I upgraded from 7.9.2 to 7.9.3, the Safari extension doesn't work. It's still there at the top of the Safari window, but it's not working like it used to. When I right-click it, and choose "Manage Extension ..." from the drop-down menu, it says it's version number 7.9.2. When I check the version number on the 1Password app itself, it's 7.9.3 as expected. So it seems when my 1Password app was updated to 7.9.3, the Safari extension stayed at 7.9.2. I don't know whether this has anything to do with the fact that the Safari extension has stopped working since updating the application to 7.9.3. On the Safari extension, if I try to uninstall it, I get the message, "The 1Password extension is part of the 1Password 7 application. To uninstall 1Password, you must remove the 1Password application." Any help in getting the Safari extension to work with 7.9.3 would be appreciated.

• guyp
    guyp
    Community Member
    Options

I ended up rebooting my Mac and that seems to have corrected it. However it's still acting a little strangely, but at least it appears now.

• @Alan674600

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into trouble with the 1Password extension in Safari. It's odd that you're seeing a different version number in Safari. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• @guyp

I'm happy to hear that a restart of your Mac resolved the issue. However, you mentioned that 1Password is still acting strangely, can you tell me a little more about that? I'd love to investigate so that we can make sure that 1Password is working properly on your Mac. 😊

This discussion has been closed.