Installed 1Password 7 for Mac but cannot get icon to appear in any new website password box.

Options
thenryjr48
thenryjr48
Community Member

I successfully installed My "1Password 7 for Mac" for a 14 day Free trial. The icon does appear in the upper right bar of my computer with all my information. I printed my Emergency kit and thus set a Master Password. All seems well until I select a website like TD Ameritrade, among others, but when the website appears waiting for me to enter my password I do not see any icon or indication of how to select a 1Password unique password? PLEASE Help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS12.2.1
Referrer: forum-search:Installed 1Password 7 for Mac but cannot get icon to appear in any new website password box.

Comments

• Hello @thenryjr48! 👋

Welcome! 🎉 I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble filling and saving logins in the browser after installing the 1Password for Mac app. Are you using Safari or another browser? If you're using Safari then please make sure that the 1Password extension for Safari is enabled:

1. Open Safari.
    2. Click on Safari next to the  in the menu bar.
    3. Click on Preferences.
    4. Click on Extensions.
    5. Make sure that "1Password" is checked.

Then try to generate a secure password on a website again: Get to know 1Password in Safari on your Mac

If you're using a different browser, or if this doesn't work, then please let me know. 😊

This discussion has been closed.