Generate limited time share link through API

avil
avil
Community Member

Sorry ahead of time if this was asked or shown somewhere.

I have searched the site and the internet for a way to create a temporary link that shares a password to guests (non 1password users) but I could not find anything on the site.

Is there a way to do that?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Generate limited time share link through API

Comments

• Hey!

Thank you for reaching out. Connect does not have support for this, but our CLI does. You can use the op item share command in the CLI 2.0 to generate an item sharing link. See the documentation for more details.

I have recorded adding item sharing to the Connect API as a feature request.

Cheers,
    Joris

• luxus
    luxus
    Community Member

is there any update to add this to the connect api?

• BramBE
    BramBE
    Community Member

I have the same request. I’ve been asking it ever since PSST was released

• Hi @BramBE / @luxus:

Nothing further to share just yet, but I've added you both to the feature request my colleague Joris mentioned above.

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-1188

• gagarinfan
    gagarinfan
    Community Member

Hi!
    Is there any progress in that case? Are there any plans to add this functionality to the API?

• BramBE
    BramBE
    Community Member

Yeah, I'm also wondering when this would be put on the roadmap

• Jillian_1P
    edited May 2023

Hi all, thank you for expressing your interest in this feature. Unfortunately, this feature is not on our current roadmap.

• Bakhva
    Bakhva
    Community Member
    edited October 2023

I am working on credential automatization process and I really need the feature to generate a shared link through 1P connect server API. Is there any news on this?
    I can not find anything in documentation.

• messiahdudark
    messiahdudark
    Community Member
    edited December 2023

Generating a temporary link to share a password with guests who aren't 1Password users is a useful feature.
    While I couldn't find an exact solution on the site, you might want to explore adhoc testing in software testing. It's a bit of a different topic, but it could potentially lead you to some creative ways to achieve what you're looking for.
    Additionally, you could reach out to 1Password support or their community forums for more specific guidance. They might have some insights or workarounds to help you accomplish your goal.

• BramBE
    BramBE
    Community Member

Hi, again a request to put this on the roadmap.
    It seems CLI gets all the love but Secrets Automation does not.

Can this please change?

• laundry96
    laundry96
    Community Member

+1 Please!
    I'm trying to programattically share a secret to someone and I would like to send the link via slack, and I don't want to manually do it (since this function will be called a lot)

• BramBE
    BramBE
    Community Member
    edited March 16

Any feedback please?
    Can we ever expect an update for Secrets Automation?