Quick access not suggesting anything?

Options
fstorch
fstorch
Community Member

I'm having a hard time to make the new quick access as useful as the previous Mini window.
E.g. I thought that it would suggest items based on the active application. Due to this announcement:
_Quick Access also got smarter and more helpful. It can now detect more running applications, and will take those into account when suggesting items that you may want to access.
_
In my case Quick Access is always completely empty no matter how often I searched and picked on of the found items.

Also in Mini I didn't have to search as it showed the last category - e.g. favorites - by default.
Quick access requires a lot more clicking than Mini did, especially when trying to drag a pw entry.
Auto type is missing, though I rarely used that in V7 as drag'n'drop was quicker for me.

In my opinion quick access - as it is implemented currently - is a huge step back in V8 compared to V7.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

Hi @fstorch !

I thought that it would suggest items based on the active application.

1Password for Windows is not fully working in this case. In macOS, it should work much better. But I think 1Password for Windows will be improved here in the next time.

In my case Quick Access is always completely empty no matter how often I searched and picked on of the found items.

If no running application from the internal list is detected, Quick Access will not show an entry.

Try to start "Discord" and you will see what happens in Quick Access.

Or open "Steam" on your machine and open Quick Access. This should work also.

But I don't know which apps are detected here. You have to find out on your own. Maybe 1Password is able to release a list with apps which should be detected. 😉

• fstorch
    fstorch
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, but 1PW will never be able to cover all the myriads of different applications out there, so I was hoping it had some self-learning feature.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Such a "self-learning feature" would be great here. 👍

• fstorch
    fstorch
    Community Member
    Options

2nd best would be an option to add windows titles to an item which we could manually feed.

• Roukanken
    Roukanken
    Community Member
    Options

The only time so far I managed to get Quick Access to suggest anything on Windows was when I had open Slack in background, so it suggested all my Slack passwords.

Weird thing is it only works on one of my computers, but not on the second one; unsure what is different.

Anyway, Quick Access suggestions definitely need a big upgrade.

• Hey @Roukanken / @fstorch / @DenalB:

Thanks for your feedback on this! We're continually making improvements on Quick Access suggestions, and I've shared your thoughts with the team.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.