Why would some passwords not sync between Mac/iOS?

leehinde
leehinde
Community Member

I noticed that a password I use a lot is incorrect in ios. (everything (1Password and iOS) is current). It's correct in the Mac and on the web, it's only been edited on the mac, but is really out of date on iOS. Not only is the password wrong, but notes are incomplete.

The created and last updated dates for the entry are current.

On the web entry I note "This item has an unsupported field" and I wonder if that's the issue. The unsupported field isn't identified. Helpful.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @leehinde,

I understand that your data on the 1Password for iOS app is incorrect and out of date. When you sign in to your account on start.1Password.com, is your data correct and complete? As for the unsupported fields you're seeing, the 1Password web interface does not show attachments in items just yet.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Alvin

ref: dev/b5/b5#14132

• vellum
    vellum
    Community Member

7.9.3 on mac, current app on ios

Ios is set so no cellular access for 1password

Recently, changed the password in the mac app.
    Next day, with wifi on, ios 1p autofilled the previous password on a webpage.
    Opened the ios 1p app & it updated.
    Went back to webpage & ios 1p autofilled the new password.

Usually change passwords in ios, so don't know if this is typical.

• leehinde
    leehinde
    Community Member

The password is correct on Mac and when viewed on the web. It’s way out of date on the phone. Like, over a year. Other passwords are fine. This is the only one I’ve noticed that’s out of sync.

And I just double checked and 1Password is “approved” for cellular access. Thanks for mentioning that.

• Thanks for the additional information @leehinde. Since your data appears to be correct on start.1Password.com, let's reset the app on your iPhone with the following steps:

1. Delete the 1Password app. If you see “Deleting 1Password will also delete all of its data”, tap Delete.

2. Download 1Password on the App Store..

The next time you sign into the 1Password for iOS app, is the password in question up to date?

Alvin

• leehinde
    leehinde
    Community Member

Reseting everything worked. Thanks.

• You're most welcome @leehinde! I'm so glad to hear that resetting the app resolved the issue. 😊

Alvin

This discussion has been closed.