To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

can't sign up for a new account. Name is already in use.

Options
NickTess
NickTess
Community Member

I am trying to sign up for a new subscription, but I get the error message that name is already in use. I have never had I 1Password account. Please help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1
Referrer: forum-search:can't sign up for a new account. Name is already in use.

Comments

• NickTess
    NickTess
    Community Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

For the name I am using: [ -- removed by 1Password staff -- ]
    Email: [ -- removed by 1Password staff -- ]
    I am trying to sign up for the Personal plan, Mac.

• NickTess
    NickTess
    Community Member
    Options

User name is NickTess. All my information is in my first request.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:Membership. Can't signup nor can i get any help!

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member
    Options

@NickTess Please remember not to post your email address in a post, as this is a public forum.

• Hey @NickTess:

Thanks for reaching out. As mentioned, the Support Community is public, so I've removed some personal information from your post.

Since we'll likely need to discuss specifics, moving this conversation to email would be the best bet to protect your privacy and security. Please email support+forum@1password.com and include a link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/128517/cant-sign-up-for-a-new-account-name-is-already-in-use, and your username NickTess. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to connect the dots and locate your email message to us. Thanks again!

Jack

• NickTess
    NickTess
    Community Member
    Options

Jack the support reference number is:
    [#QJD-63644-737]

NickTess

Thanks for your help. I look forward to signing up and getting started with 1Password

• Hey @NickTess:

Thanks for sharing your support ID. I was able to locate your message, and we'll be in touch soon. Keep an eye out!

Jack

ref: QJD-63644-737

This discussion has been closed.