OneTimePassword remaining time will not show if 1pw window lost focus

Options

Hi folks,

for me it's useful because if the otp is only valid less than 5 seconds, i'll wait for a new one.
1Password 7:

As you can see on the screenshot this countdown won't be shown in 1pw 8 beta.

Is it a bug or a feature?
If feature: please bring it back! Maybe you can implement it that way the user can administer it by their own needs.

For all those mentioning I could copy and paste the otp so I haven't be worrying about time: yes. it is possible in most cases. But there are even some webpages where entering the otp is separated into 6 input-fields. So pasting the otp will only fill the first input field with either the first digit and the other ones keeps blank, or all of the six digits are pasted if field is not well configured by the webmaster.

1Password Version: 8.7.0 (80700012) Beta-Channel
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.3

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @deSecureMichel !

Is it a bug or a feature?

It's a feature. Losing the focus when the app is not active should spend some performance. It was introduced in one of the last beta builds.

Maybe 1Password could add an option to enable / disable this behavior? 😊

• volts
    volts
    Community Member
    Options

We're living in a dark timeline, where displaying a small countdown timer is a difficult task for modern computers.

Maybe it could display for a few minutes before stopping the animation.

• rob
    Options

Hey, folks. Yes, this was an intentional change. Your comments make sense, though, @deSecureMichel. Personally I think it'd be nice to only pause animations like this when the window is fully obscured by another window, but I'm not sure how feasible that is. There's a change in progress related to this, and I've passed on your feedback there to see what we can do.

ref: dev/core/core#13179

This discussion has been closed.