To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Person tries to reach me on behalf of 1Password.

Options

Hi.

I am sure that 1Password Team can't behave like that, but still want to confirm that.
Today one person (Mister X) tried to reach me via email saying that he is our Account Manage in 1Password.
The Email contains all signals that this is super unprofessional target phishing.

1. Different fonts in Email. Even sizes
  2. No digital signature (how come? 21 century... Email from a security-related company)
  3. Bullshit domain of sender that has nothing to do with 1Password (agilebits.com)
  4. The only proof that this is not spamming, that this mister provided to me, is a statement in the same email: "This is NOT spam".

I am sure that 1Password can't behave like that.
Please confirm my hopes so I can sleep without thinking that there is something wrong with your understanding of security.

Regards,

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @shvetscrxmarketscom

Could you please forward the email in question including the full headers of the message to our security team at support+security@1password.com? MXToolbox has a guide on getting the full message headers from a variety of email clients, here.

Thank you.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.