To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Interested in Upgrade from Personal to Family Account

Options
olmanwinter
olmanwinter
Community Member

I have been a 1Password user since 2019 and should have started using it earlier. It helps me get things done in a secure manner every day.

I have searched for a method to upgrade from a personal to a family account, but can't find an easy answer. It appears that others have made a post, then updated the post with a number to get direct help.

I am currently billed $35.88 yearly for my account. Will changing to a family account add $4.99 per month to this, or will I be billed a different amount due to my current account?

Thank you for your assistance,

Winter Lane

1Password Version: 7.9.828
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @olmanwinter

I have searched for a method to upgrade from a personal to a family account, but can't find an easy answer. It appears that others have made a post, then updated the post with a number to get direct help.

If you have an individual membership, you can upgrade to 1Password Families:

1. Sign in to your account on 1Password.com
    2. Click Invite People in the right-hand sidebar.
    3. Choose your upgrade option.

I am currently billed $35.88 yearly for my account. Will changing to a family account add $4.99 per month to this, or will I be billed a different amount due to my current account?

The cost of 1Password Families would be the total you pay. You wouldn't also pay for an individual membership on top of 1Password Families. We offer both annual and monthly options for payment. Annual does offer a savings vs paying monthly. I hope that helps!

Ben

• nooneyouknow
    nooneyouknow
    Community Member
    Options

been trying this for a while and I cannot find any option to "invite people".

• olmanwinter
    olmanwinter
    Community Member
    Options

Ben: Thank you for your prompt and detailed response. I appreciate your help.

nooneyouknow: I can't tell what actions you have taken, but the key thing for me was that you must login to the website, not the app on your computer:

Sign in to your account on 1Password.com
    Click Invite People in the right-hand sidebar.
    Choose your upgrade option.

I know that the "Invite People" option is there for me.

• olmanwinter
    olmanwinter
    Community Member
    Options

Ben: Thank you for your prompt and detailed response. I appreciate your help.

nooneyouknow: I can't tell what actions you have taken, but the key thing for me was that you must login to the website, not the app on your computer:

Sign in to your account on 1Password.com
    Click Invite People in the right-hand sidebar.
    Choose your upgrade option.

I know that the "Invite People" option is there for me.

• Ben
    Options

Indeed; the option to invite people is only available through the 1Password.com web app (https://start.1password.com). Additionally if you're billed through a 3rd party such as Apple or Google you'd need to switch to direct billing before an upgrade would be possible. Please contact our billing team at support@1password.com for assistance with that.

@olmanwinter Happy to help! 🙂

Ben

• Mario1405
    Mario1405
    Community Member
    Options

So I just cancelled my subscription via GooglePlay, I've already opened a support ticket with 1Password via the web site for the same issue above (probably should have checked here 1st, duh!). I'm not going to loose all my data now am I? Thanks!

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member
    Options

@Mario1405 No you still have access to your data, while you wait for the support team to get back to you, I'm assuming your looking to swtich to internal billing through 1P, correct?

• Blake
    Options

@Mario1405

Cancelling your 1Password Membership will never result in deletion of your data; though your account might enter into a frozen state.

If you've already sent us an email, could you provide the Support ID you should've received in an initial automated reply? It'll look something like [#ABC-12345-678] 🙂

This discussion has been closed.