Microsoft Teams instead of Slack

cgr
cgr
Community Member
edited July 2022 in Business and Teams

Hi,

We are relatively new to 1Pw. I noticed the slack integration, but would like to integrate with teams instead. In this integration we would like to get notified each time a high privileged account is being accessed within a specific vault. Is there a known implementation in which such a notification is generated and send to teams without 'abusing' the op CLI client?

If not, how can I send a feature request to 1PW?

Thanks in advance,
-Chris

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows, Linux
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cgr, welcome to our forum! :chuffed:

Currently the only group communications tool we have a direct integration for is Slack, but I'll be sure to pass on your feedback about supporting Microsoft Teams to our engineering teams here for their future consideration.

In regards to being notified when certain critical items are used, there isn't an automated notification system like that in place at the moment (and again, I'll pass on your feedback about that for you); however, if you have a 1Password Business account, you can generate a Usage Report for the vault containing the critical items. A usage report generated for a vault will show when members of your account last "used" an item - so you could generate the report on a regular basis, and review the details that way.

I hope that helps - let me know if there's anything else I can do for you :+1:

• ricc
    ricc
    Community Member

Is there a way to vote for a feature request?
    We use Microsoft Teams so I'd like to have a 1Password/Teams integration.

We would also like to setup alerts for the following:

• Access to high privileged accounts
    • Changes to the permissions of the Administrator group in selected vaults.

For now, we will try writing scripts(i.e. powershell) with the "op" tool to handle the alerts.

• Hi @ricc

I've added your request to add support for 1Password integration in Microsoft Teams in our internal database for tracking purposes. Thanks for taking the time to share this today. :)

ref: internal/business-roadmap#121

• MrCoBalt
    MrCoBalt
    Community Member

I'd like to third this request please, we're very heavy Teams users and any further integrations we can get would be much appreciated!

• kurtd
    kurtd
    Community Member

+1 for MS Teams

• Thanks for weighing in, @kurtd.

• Zenistar
    Zenistar
    Community Member

Another +1 for Teams

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @Zenistar, noted :+1:

• joseph_fsm
    joseph_fsm
    Community Member

+1 for MS Teams

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

• kpsachin
    kpsachin
    Community Member

+++ 1 for MS teams integration with 1Password. we are still waiting.

• Thanks for adding your voice to this request, @kpsachin.

• cb3static
    cb3static
    Community Member

+1

• @cb3static, thanks for sharing your support for Microsoft Teams integration. I've updated our internal tracking issue. 👍

ref: IDEA-I-173

• ConnorB
    ConnorB
    Community Member

+1 for MS Teams

• Thanks, @ConnorB. Our internal issue tracker has been updated with your request.

• RogueScholar
    RogueScholar
    Community Member

In the interest of accurate analytics and user telemetry, I'll swallow my pride and report that where I work is a "Microsoft shop" as well, and a cohort with rather heavy Teams use at that...when we're not busy being thoroughly satisfied 1Password Business users, that is. I had all these grand ideas of sticking to my open-source roots and building out our own custom app stack anchored by LibreOffice and Zulip, but noooooo, all I got back from that proposal was "stay on brand"-this and "don't wage personal crusades at work"-that along with several armloads of MS365 licenses to deploy. ;-)

So, yeah, Teams...you'd make quite a few capitalist sell-out ex-hippies from Northern California pretty stoked with some integrations there. The screen sharing feature has been a massive hit with a lot of our folks and I've heard several times that they'd like the ability to bypass the link-based sharing and be able to trigger credentials to autofill through that interface in particular, if for instance they happen to be held only by a user/users who happens not to be the owner of the desktop being shared. Personally, I can't imagine how you'd even begin to go about architecting it and I think the whole shared desktop behavior in general reeks of bad infosec hygiene, but that's just me and admittedly I grumble a lot more than I used to about a lot of things since I turned 40 last year. :-\ This time, I'm just the messenger, heh.

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member

+1!

• Thanks everyone for the continued feedback requesting Microsoft Teams support in 1Password.

• robbertvanarkel
    robbertvanarkel
    Community Member

+1

• Thanks for voicing your support for this, @robbertvanarkel.

• Fjungwirth
    Fjungwirth
    Community Member

+1

• Thanks, @Fjungwirth. Our team is continually tracking interest here.

• Christian_XYZR
    Christian_XYZR
    Community Member

+1

• @Christian_XYZR

Thanks for letting us know this is something you would like to see. I've passed it along to the team.

• Hi folks,

I want to thank everyone for their feedback to add an integration with Microsoft teams. While I don't have any news on this front, I did want to mention our recent 1Password SIEM integration with Sumo Logic and Panther that may be relevant for some of you.

Reduce the time your team spends investigating security issues by using a customizable dashboard that shows your organization’s entire security posture. With the new Sumo Logic and Panther integrations for 1Password, you can monitor potential risks around company data or credentials stored within 1Password.

This community thread has been running for quite some time and I don't want to bombard the original poster with ongoing email notifications, so I'll be closing out this thread. If anyone has feedback on this, or any topic, please feel free to open a new thread on our community site, or contact support directly.

Thank you and Happy Friday!

This discussion has been closed.