No Password Strength indicator when using German umlauts (ä.ü.ö) and other diacritic symbols

Options

Hi,

I just noticed that with certain characters the password strength inidicator is not shown. First noticed with umlauts, but it seems most - if not all - diacritic symbols have this effect. Using German or English for the UI did not change that behavior for umlauts.

Search results show me, that diacritic symbols (or non-ASCII characters) have been a pain point for forever and that 1Password has made great improvements here, so I'm optimistic that the Team can adapt the function which evaluates Password Strength to include umlauts and diacritic symbols.

I have not found where this specific issue, especially in context of 1Password 8, has been brought up.

For me, this is a non-critical issue but something I like to see "fixed" somewhen - also knowing that adding these symbols could introduce more complexity in the code which could then increase potential vulnerabilities.

1Password Version: 80700028
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Damnatus:

I was able to replicate this behavior, and I've filed an issue to see if we can get it improved in the future. Thanks for your kind words on our efforts in making 1Password better for everyone!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#13996

• Hey @Damnatus:

Just wanted to share some good news with you!

This change should be available in the latest nightly, let me know what you think!

Jack

• Damnatus
    Damnatus
    Community Member
    Options

:O wow, that was super quick! Love it! Thx for taking the time and letting me know, @Jack.P_1P ! :)

• You're very welcome @Damnatus! 😀

Jack

This discussion has been closed.