Error after migrating to membership

Options

After migrating from standalone to membership I got following message for all items which had attachments standalone version:

Dieses Objekt hat ein nicht unterstütztes Feld

In the macOS App all attachments are converted to documents and are available for viewing.
But in my browser (safari, chrome) non of the old attachments are available.

What to do, to get my attachments available in the browser?

Regards
Ulrich

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.3
Referrer: forum-search:document

Comments

• Hey @dylan08:

Thanks for reaching out. As it currently stands, 1Password.com does not show attachments, but it's definitely something we're aware of and hope to improve in the future. I've added your feedback to the internal issue we have for tracking this.

Jack

• dylan08
    dylan08
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jack,
    thanks for clarification. That's how I understand the way 1password.eu is working.
    But I thought that during migration all attachments are migrated to documents. So I could access them inside 1password.eu as I could in the macOS app.
    If I open an entry in the macOS App it is saying there is a document attached:

What is the best way to get all attachments migrated, so I could access them from 1password.eu?

Ulrich

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Ulrich! While it is possible to view document items through the web portal (at 1Password.eu), there is a limit with viewing a login item that has attachments. Unfortunately, those attachments would throw as error like this one: https://cln.sh/5fUfth. This is something our developers are aware of, and our hope is to get things working better in the future.

For now, if you have login items with attachments, it's best to view them via the 1Password desktop app. Additionally, you can download the attachments via the extension in your browser. This is what that would look like: https://cln.sh/jvQCBg

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I'm sorry that I don't have better news. That said, I do hope the workarounds can help. Let us know if you have any further questions!

• dylan08
    dylan08
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Joy,
    download via the extension in the browser would be great. But I could not find a way to download an attachment. Here two snapshots of what I am seeing
    1. The object in 1Password on macOS. Createt new item and added a jpeg image via drag&drop to the item.

1. And the same object after creation in safari browser on macOS (I also tried chrome). But couldn't find a way to download the image.

Maybe you could give me a hint how to find download of attachments.

And maybe you could give some information on how it will be implemented in the future?

• Should I stay with embedded attachments (the old way with local vaults)?
    • Or switch to separate documents to which I then link from other objects. With all drawbacks of broken links when moved between vaults or deleting/archiving items?
  • Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dylan08 Thanks for the screenshot. Instead of opening the item in your account at 1Password.com, can you open the item through the extension in your browser? Once you do that, please follow the steps in my video to download the attachment: https://cln.sh/jVhT1e

I hope that helps!

• dylan08
    dylan08
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Joy. Found it in Chrome and Firefox.

Maybe you could give me a hint for my last question:
    Stay with embedded attachments or switch to document items?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dylan08 You're welcome! As to your last question, it really just depends on your preferences. However, if you've already attached things to your logins, it may be best to leave them in your logins and then view them from the extension. I would only recommend against doing that if you don't always have access to the extension.

• dylan08
    dylan08
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Joy_1P
    thank you. I stay with attachments. Most time I use apps (macOS, iOS) to access 1Password. I thought there could be a complete change from attachment to documents with the next major release 8.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dylan08 We don't have plans for anything like that at the moment. Logins with attachments are working well as they are. The only issue is that they cannot be viewed via our web portal at 1Password.com. That's something our developers know about and hopefully can fix in the future.

I hope that this has been helpful! If you have any other questions, please let us know.

• dylan08
    dylan08
    Community Member
    Options

@Joy. Thank you. All questions answered for the moment.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dylan08 You're welcome! Feel free to reach out again any time you need help.

This discussion has been closed.