Chrome Erweiterung bietet mir keine Kategorie an

Chrome extension doesn't offer me a category

I feel reassured that I have to stay with Enpass.
The 1Password Addon doesn't give me an option to select a category. I don't want to use tags because # looks ugly.

I wanted to leave Enpass, although I'm satisfied. But when I compare, 1Password 8 is worse, because a prompt to save a login is often missing. I'm now asking myself why I should spend money if the performance isn't right.

I have created a user that fills in name, mail and homepage for comments on a blog. This works well, but it also fills in the field when registering for the newsletter. Thus unusable.

Tags also cannot be renamed.

1Password Version: 8.6.1
Extension Version: 2.3.2
OS Version: Win 11

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JochenBake thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the 1Password extension. I'll be glad to help.

At the moment, there is not a way to filter for tags via the extension. However, we do have a request for this and I can add your voice to that request so that our developers will consider it in a future release.

For now, it's best to select and filter for tags through the 1Password app. The tags would be listed on the left sidebar of the app: https://support.1password.com/favorites-tags/#create-and-manage-tags. If you right-click the tags, you can then select to rename the tags as needed.

As for the filling issues you're seeing, I'd like to ask a few clarifying questions:

I wanted to leave Enpass, although I'm satisfied. But when I compare, 1Password 8 is worse, because a prompt to save a login is often missing.

Could you let us know what steps you're taking to save your login? Are you having this issue on all sites or just specific sites? Can you share the URL of those sites with us?

I have created a user that fills in name, mail and homepage for comments on a blog. This works well, but it also fills in the field when registering for the newsletter. Thus unusable.

What is the URL to this blog? Once we get the URL, we can take a closer look and assist further.

• JochenBake
    JochenBake
    Community Member

Hello and thanks for the feedback,
    I have written several times in Tread that I do not want to / will not use tags. I simply refuse because they are ugly. Who wants a hash # when there are categories.
    Just imagine:

customer 1

Customer 2

Customer 3

etc.

What does it look like if I continue with 30 or more customers? Who is supposed to see through that?
    Let's choose a category when saving logins. For me then "customer logins for homepages" Then all the customers come in there. The folder can then be closed and you're done. Looks clean and neat.
    But what 1Password does has nothing to do with order.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JochenBake thanks for sharing your thoughts about the hashtag. I can pass your input along to our developers. Hopefully there will be a more elegant solution in the future. In the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach back out again if you need further help, especially when it comes to filling. We are always here to assist.

This discussion has been closed.