Can I share a vault from Mac running V7 and a Win10 PC running V8?

rmhinden
rmhinden
Community Member

I subscribe and run 1Password on several Macs and IOS devices with a vault in Dropbox. I have a PC with an older version of 1Password. I went to download a new version and add it to my account. I found V8 for Windows.

Will that work with the same vault as my Macs?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.9.3 (70903003)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 12.2.1
Referrer: forum-search:Can I share a vault from Mac running V7 and a Win10 PC running V8?

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @rmhinden !

1Password 8 is not supporting local vaults! If you want to use local vaults, which you are syncing on your own e.g. with Dropbox, you have to stay with version 7 of the 1Password app on Windows.

Here you can find version 7 for Windows:
    https://1password.com/downloads/windows/#legacy-downloads

• rmhinden
    rmhinden
    Community Member

Thanks, I will use the V7 version for windows.

However, why is syncing with Dropbox considered local? It is, of course, not local.

• Hey @rmhinden:

As @DenalB noted (thanks for the assist! 😎) 1Password 8 only supports 1Password accounts, and doesn't support standalone vaults (which includes syncing using Dropbox or other options). If you've got a 1Password membership, our recommendation would be to move any standalone vaults into your 1Password account: Migrate your existing 1Password data from standalone vaults to a 1Password account

Let me know how get on with that!

Jack

• rmhinden
    rmhinden
    Community Member

Jack,

Looking at my 1password account on my Mac (running V7), I discovered I may already be using a shared vault when I migrated from an older version of 1Password last year (and subscribed for Family). I had used Dropbox in the older version.

How can I tell if I am using Dropbox or a shared vault? I am not seeing anything in the preferences.

Bob

• Hi @rmhinden:

If you sign in to 1Password.com, do you see all of the vaults and items you see in the 1Password desktop app? Let me know!

Jack

• rmhinden
    rmhinden
    Community Member

Yes, I can see all of our vaults there.

Bob

• Hey @rmhinden:

It sounds like you're using 1Password.com, and wouldn't be using Dropbox to sync your vaults. It's very possible you migrated your data previously as you mentioned. You're more than welcome to give 1Password 8 a try in that case! 😀

Jack

• rmhinden
    rmhinden
    Community Member

Thanks, I will do that.

Bob

• We hope you enjoy the experience, @rmhinden! Feel free to share any feedback you'd like us to consider - we're happy to take it on board.

• rmhinden
    rmhinden
    Community Member

Thanks, it is working fine.

• Excellent, thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.