Identities address - only three fields.

Options
SeanGer
SeanGer
Community Member

The template for "Identities" address only allows three fields. Not sure if this is a USA format, but more fields are needed (at least by me) How can they be added?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:address

Comments

• Hello @SeanGer! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're finding the Identity item type a little bit too limited, can you tell me a little more about what kinds of additional fields would be helpful to have here? You can also always add your own own custom fields to an item to add information that isn't covered by the default template: Customize your 1Password items

I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

• SeanGer
    SeanGer
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave.

Thanks for getting back to me. My problem relates to recording my address in my "Identities" profile. This is a useful function for pre-populating web fields. My address is [unit identity] ; [street address}; [district/post code]; [city]; [country]. This is five fields, but only three are available in the 1Password "Identities" template. There does not seem a way to add additional fields in edit mode (apologies if I have missed something). I hope this clarifies your query, but let me know if you need anything further.

• @SeanGer

Thank you for clarifying. I see five fields in the Identity item:

• Street
    • City
    • Province (or State in the US)
    • Postal Code (or ZIP Code in the US)
    • Country

You can save your unit number in 1Password by first adding a comma to the end of the street address and then typing in your unit number. Like this:

This will allow 1Password in the browser to fill your unit number into websites that ask for the unit number as a separate field.

Let me know if that helps or if I misunderstood the issue. 😊

• SeanGer
    SeanGer
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Dave - we seem to get different templates, as you'll see from the image of my "address fields" (hopefully attached). In case not, I only have [country]; [district];[city] available to me.

• @SeanGer

Thank you for the screenshot. Is it possible that your cursor is in the field below "City" and above "default phone"? When you place your cursor into a field and press spacebar the default label disappears. This is what I see on my Mac:

If you still don't see "Street" then can you try to create a new Identity item to see if you see all of the fields there?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

• SeanGer
    SeanGer
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. There are still only three fields, but I'll stick to the work-around by using the "city" field for the street address. This might result is incorrectly populated fields on web page, but I can't see how the curious default fields in the template can be added-to or redefined.

• @SeanGer

Thank you for the reply. Can you try changing Hong Kong to another option and then back to Hong Kong? It's odd that you're not seeing the "Street" label. If that doesn't work then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.