1Password 6 and Chrome

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password is not working on Chrome again.

Comments

• FreezaSama
    FreezaSama
    Community Member
    edited April 2022

Hello. I have the exact same issue.

In my case the message pops-up when launching Chrome, however I do not have a subscription. I am using a single license. @Joy_1P should I continue in this thread o should I open another one?

PS: nice avatar

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @FreezaSama :) I can help you from this thread. It sounds like you're using 1Password with a license. What version of 1Password are you licensed to use? Could you clarify if you're seeing a message to add the extension to your browser or is it that 1Password couldn't recognize your browser?

• h1back
    h1back
    Community Member

I have the same issue since the latest update to Chrome (currently running 100.0.4896.75). There seems to be an issue with the connection between the 1Password mac app (6.8.9) and the chrome extension (4.7.5.90), neither seem to recognise each other (the chrome extension says "desktop app required" while the mac app says "add chrome extension").

• FreezaSama
    FreezaSama
    Community Member

Hey, I'm using 1Password 6.8.9 with a license. Desktop app works fine Mac OS (12.3), the google chrome (currently Version 100.0.4896.75) extension was working great last week but maybe it updated? Not sure what changed change

• @h1back @FreezaSama

Please see this knowledge-base article with regard to 1Password 6 and Chrome.

1Password 6 for Mac won't fill or save in Chrome 99.0.4844.74 or later

I would suggest reaching out to our team via email and moving over to a membership. If you're interested, we have a promotion for our license customers as a thank you for supporting us all these years. Please use support@1password.com and one of my colleagues will be happy to assist you.

• FreezaSama
    FreezaSama
    Community Member

hey @ag_tommy From what I can understand you are aware of the problem chrome created but will not fix it?
    I can reach out to the team over e-mail no problem if there is a workaround, but I have no intention to move into a subscription.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @FreezaSama while your license for 1Password 6 for Mac hasn't expired (and never will), the last major update to 1Password 6 was in May 2018. It's no longer being actively developed.

To continue using Chrome with 1Password on your Mac, it is best to upgrade to a 1Password membership account. With a 1Password membership, you won't have to worry about dealing with licensing, and you can easily use 1Password on all your devices. You can learn more here.

I do understand the reluctance to upgrade to a membership, but if you change your mind, please do not hesitate to contact us as Tommy mentioned. We are offering a special trade-in discount to our license customers, and we'd be happy to get that going for you.

This discussion has been closed.