How to make mini default to favorites?

forumusername
forumusername
Community Member
edited March 2022 in 1Password 7 for Windows

How can I make 1password mini open to favorites by default? There used to be an option for this. But, I can no longer find it.

1Password Version: 7.9.828
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hey @forumusername:

Great question, and I'd like to apologize for the delay here. I've been double checking, and it doesn't seem like 1Password mini has an option for configuring the default open-to section.. Is it possible you may have been thinking of 1Password in the browser, which does have the ability to set a default section?

Let me know!

Jack

• forumusername
    forumusername
    Community Member

Hey @Jack.P_1P ,

Thanks for the repsonse. This thread documents how the feature exists on client for Mac. But is still missing in 1P for Windows.

https://1password.community/discussion/90984/suggestions-to-improve-1password-7-such-as-open-to-favorites-in-mini

I believe this feature also used to exist for the Windows version many years ago (version 4 era). But, I could be misremembering that. Looking at the response from @MikeT in that 2018 thread, where he writes "This is planned for a future update, we plan to rebuild 1Password mini to be more like 1Password mini on macOS. Default to Suggested Items if there are and if not, default to Favorites.".

How is that plan going? Any idea if we'll see parity here WRT to this feature on Windows?

Thank you,

• Hey @forumusername:

Have you given 1Password 8 a try? We've revamped 1Password mini into Quick Access, which smartly suggests certain Logins based on the windows you have open. While Quick Access doesn't currently have an option to show all Favorites as well, I can definitely see how it would be handy to, so I'll share your thoughts with the team.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.