Firefox - extension opens to login screen repeatedly

keithdavis
keithdavis
Community Member

Was working fine Tuesday (did not use Firefox yesterday, Chrome / Edge are my primary browsers). Yesterday, I added 2-factor auth, not sure that this is relevant. This morning, when I open Firefox, the extension opened a tab that prompted me to log in to 1Password, then another, then another, to infinity. This happens way faster than I can actually log in, but eventually, I was able to disable the extension fast enough to stop it. I tried enabling the extension, starts all over again.

1Password Version: 8.6.1
Extension Version: 2.3.2
OS Version: Windows 10 21H2

Comments

• keithdavis
    keithdavis
    Community Member

What terrible forum software is this? I can't edit my own topic! Anyway, not a Firefox issue. Happening on Edge (Chromium) for me right now as well. I can't even get it disabled on Edge (opens new tab too quickly).

• keithdavis
    keithdavis
    Community Member

Removing and reinstalling the extension seems to have fixed it

• Hi @keithdavis, thanks for letting us know about this issue. It's great news as well that the uninstall / reinstall approach has fixed the issue for you! 🙌

Of course, if you do encounter any further issues, feel free to let us know and we'll be happy to check it out for you. And in the meantime, we hope you enjoy the apps! 😃

• keithdavis
    keithdavis
    Community Member

This is not fixed. I removed and reinstalled it in Chrome as well, which worked for a while, but now it's doing it again.

• toni42
    toni42
    Community Member

I can confirm that this issue must relate to 2-factor-auth. Activated that yesterday, today in Firefox I have the same issue as keith.

This discussion has been closed.