Any way to hide a no longer used category?

Options
klepp0906
klepp0906
Community Member

For a time I had a few servers set up in the server category. theyve all been deleted and i noticed that the server category still populates the categories dropdown.

do i have an option to make it disappear? o.O

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• PeterG_1P
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hello @klepp0906, RIP to your former server items. 🙏

If I understand correctly, you're referring to the "All Categories" dropdown, which still contains the servers category even though you no longer have any of this item type?

I was able to reproduce this in my testing, and as it turns out someone else at 1Password also noticed this recently, so we have an issue filed with the development team to investigate it. Thanks for the keen observation!

ref: dev/core/core#13984

• klepp0906
    klepp0906
    Community Member
    Options

you guys are the best 99/100 :P

• Always striving for that last 1%, @klepp0906. Thank you for helping us get there!

• klepp0906
    klepp0906
    Community Member
    Options

i mean, i feel like people are being un-objective or are plain fos if they give anyone or anything 100/100. perfect is perfect.

you guys would be more perfect if you charged 50% less for example :P

but really, the only qualms I have at current are the inability to sort items added to an entry like you used to be able to in 7 and the inability to edit tags ala context menu as you could in 7 as well.

otherwise you guys are cruising along and 8 is better than ever.

and as a bonus, a means to "refresh" those "auto-saved web details" without deleting and re-saving an entry on a website would be stellar for idiots like me who enabled viewing that stuff and deleted it all without knowing what it was for.

or perhaps a means to view which entries are devoid of the underlying "web-details" so i'd know where to begin on recreating them manually to get my database back up to snuff.

(the ocd is strong in this one, plus from what i gather that data is actually relevant for 1passwords optimal functioning)

• Sure, @klepp0906, and we appreciate these suggestions! Looking forward to upcoming releases...

• JochenBake
    JochenBake
    Community Member
    Options

Go ahead with the categories and I'll switch to you guys right away. Currently, this is only treated half-heartedly.

• Hi @JochenBake, thanks for the feedback. 👋 Are you referring to the same issue @klepp0906 referred to here, or something different about how categories currently function?

This discussion has been closed.