1Password can't verify the identity of your web browser

ajahn
ajahn
Community Member
edited April 2022 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I just noticed this started recently on my old iMac (still running El Capitan) with 1Password 6 (stand-alone). I have a family membership but on this old iMac, I still use the 1P6 standalone version with Dropbox. I know, I need to upgrade to at least High Sierra so I can start using the Family membership, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet, and I only use the iMac on rare occasions. But it has always worked in Chrome and now it has stopped working. I can still run the app and the mini in the menu bar, but not in Chrome.

When I look at my extensions I see:

Is there any hope?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11

Comments

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    edited April 2022

Bummer. I don't think 1P7 works with El Capitan. I've been planning on upgrading my iMac to High Sierra. I guess that time has finally come. Thanks for the info. I guess there isn't much you can do when the browser changes unless you had an upgrade for 1P6. Of course, once I upgrade to macOS 10.13 I can start using my family membership, which is what I really need to be using :-)

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hi @ajahn

Those versions of macOS are pretty long in the tooth. The former not receiving security updates since Oct. 2018, the latter since Dec. 2020.

Not unlike the sun, the Inter-webs is also giant, nasty, hostile environment. Avoid getting too close, without sufficient protection. Update, if possible, to a still-supported macOS version.

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member

@MrC Yeah, sadly I still use an old 32-bit version of Photoshop and that has kept me on High Sierra in a lot of situations. I recently got a new MacBook Pro M1 for work, running the current macOS 12.1 and I really like it. I guess I just need to learn Affinity Photo and be done with Photoshop :-)

This discussion has been closed.