How to limit Logins from appearing on unrelated subdomains of a site

jkuntz
jkuntz
Community Member

Is there an option somewhere to limit a login (or all logins) from appearing on a page if the website does not match the exact website noted in the login? I see a "hide on this page" option but it does not appear to "stick" so the next time I go to the site, it shows up again.

Example: I have a website where I have two logins, completely unrelated usernames and passwords, but it's the same underlying domain. Both logins appear every time when they should not (IMHO).
Website 1 "citrix.example.com"
Website 2 "myaccount.example.com"

I have 2 logins set up and the website is specific in the 1Password Login "card" for each. My expectation or hope would be that when I go to "website 1", only "website 1"'s login appears in the user name 1Password pop-up and vice versa for the other, even though both "domains" are "example.com".

I'm primarily using Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome as the browsers for these 2 sites if that is relevant.

1Password Version: 8.6.1
Extension Version: 2.3.4
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• Hey @jkuntz, thanks for your question.

1Password currently only suggests items based on the root domain. One of our extension developers shared the reason for this limitation in a post here.

I can see the value of wanting 1Password to suggest only exact matches based on their subdomain or port. While I can't say for sure if or when this will be available, I can share your request for this feature with the appropriate team so they can take it into consideration.

By default, 1Password will show the closest matching Login based on the subdomain as the first result, with any subsequent matching items below. If you find you're using a specific Login more frequently than others, you can add it as a favorite which will make sure it's always displayed as the first result regardless of the subdomain.

Ali

ref: IDEA-I-57

• jkuntz
    jkuntz
    Community Member

Hi Ali, thanks for the response. The background is helpful and I think in the linked post, that is what I was thinking of is a feature that used to exist for kind of addressing what I had in mind.

• AliH1P
    edited April 2022

Hi @jkuntz, you're most welcome. I wanted to mention that we do have an open feature request to see if this is something that can be implemented in a future version of 1Password. While I can't make any promises, I'll be sure to add your voice to help highlight customer interest.

Ali

This discussion has been closed.