I'm new to 1Password. I have tons of accounts where I should now put into the 1Password Manager.

Options
Karen0126
Karen0126
Community Member

What are the steps involved in getting all of these passwords changed to unique passwords using 1Password? I have accounts on only web browser based websites from my iMac and MacBook and I also have apps that I use on my iPad and iPhone.

For newly created accounts, I was able to figure out to add the new account to 1Password's Personal folder but for all of my existing accounts which already has established passwords I don't know what to do and couldn't find any information.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.9.4 (70904001) 1Password Sto
Extension Version: 2.3.2
OS Version: MacOS Monterey 12.2.1
Referrer: forum-search:how to generate a new password

Comments

• Karen0126
    Karen0126
    Community Member
    Options

Hi everyone. As a follow up to the above, I've started saving some of my logins like Facebook and Twitter into 1Password on my iMac (Chrome) and using the "generate password" to create a new password. However, what I'm confused by is how that new password isn't making it into my iPhone app. Right now I have to manually type in the new randomly generated password into Facebook and Twitter on my iPhone. Do I have to do that for every single account I have (which will take a long time) or is there something I need to enable? I have downloaded the 1Password app onto my iPhone and iPad but not sure what to do on those devices.

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2022
    Options

@Karen0126

You may wish to email us and let one of my colleagues walk you thought the setup process. It sounds as if the devices are not syncing. With a syncing device you would only need to enter the password in one location. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your devices. One from each device please. Once we hear from you we'll work with you via email. Saving bandwidth here.

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: Karen0126
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/128658/im-new-to-1password-i-have-tons-of-accounts-where-i-should-now-put-into-the-1password-manager

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.
      The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• vellum
    vellum
    Community Member
    Options

@Karen0126

1password is new on your iphone, so this may be the problem:

Before 1password can autofill on websites or apps, it needs permission on the iphone:
    On the iphone's home screen, tap settings.
    Tap passwords. (It's nearly halfway down the settings menu)
    Enter the device passcode.
    Tap autofill passwords.
    Turn on autofill passwords.
    Then from the options, tap 1password.
    * more detailed instructions here: https://support.1password.com/ios-autofill/

And if you use safari on the iphone:
    Go back to the device's settings menu.
    Tap safari. (It's further down the menu)
    Tap extensions.
    Turn on 1password.
    * more detailed instructions here: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-safari-ios/

• Karen0126
    Karen0126
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for this information. I will send that email now.

• Hi @Karen0126:

I was able to locate your email conversation with us. We'll be in touch soon!

Jack

ref: EFP-39383-753

This discussion has been closed.