Hello Fingerprint (but not PIN)

robert1p
robert1p
Community Member

In the 1pw Android app, I can select Biometric Unlock without Pin Code unlock. Can the same be done with Windows? i.e. I'm comfortable with Windows Fingerprint unlock, but making a long, complex PIN for my laptop defeats the purpose of enabling a PIN for my laptop; and yet, I don't feel comfortable having the laptop PIN unlock the 1pw app.

1Password Version: 8.7.0 - 80700062
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 21H2

Comments

• Hey @robert1p, thanks for your question. I understand you have Windows Hello Fingerprint and PIN unlock set up on your laptop but you're not comfortable having the PIN unlock 1Password. This isn't something that can be set in 1Password. The method Windows offers is dictated by Windows Hello itself and you'll likely need to remove the PIN option within Windows Hello in order for it to offer the Fingerprint unlock option. I hope this helps!

Ali

• robert1p
    robert1p
    Community Member

In Win10, Hello does not allow Fingerprint without PIN. (For now I set my PIN to a 1pw generated password value, which is not ideal.)

• Hi @robert1p:

Glad you were able to get to a solution. Please get in touch if there's anything else you need in the future!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.