When does a new item (e.g. login) appear in all 1Password apps/browser extensions?

Options
treegarden
treegarden
Community Member

I edited a login in the 1Password app on my Windows machine, then attempted to use the new version in the Firefox browser extension (on the same machine). The change doesn't appear in the extension.
Similarly, my wife added an entry to our shared vault. The new entry didn't appear in my 1Password Windows app until I quit and restarted it. Is that expected behavior?

1Password Version: 8.6.1
Extension Version: 2.3.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Referrer: forum-search:when does new entry appear on all devices

Comments

• Hi @treegarden, thank you for letting us know about this!

This is not necessarily expected behavior. Typically, you should be able to update an item in any 1Password app (in the browser, on Mac or Windows, you name it) and the change should show up shortly thereafter.

What's interesting here is that it doesn't sound like you have a complete synchronization failure - you described that the updates do make it across apps, under the right circumstances - but I wonder if there's some issue with how the sync process is triggered.

I'd be happy to look into this for you. If you can send us a brief email at support+windows@1Password.com, our team (myself included) will be happy to investigate the specifics, and figure out what we can do to help. I'll hope to see you over there! 👋

This discussion has been closed.