In Simple Terms, What Risk Is There To Personal Data For Beta Users?

nimvio
nimvio
Community Member
edited December 2021 in iOS

The Privacy Policy mentions that some personal data might be shared with 1Password when users participate in betas, but I'd like to know to what extent. In other words, what is the most sensitive data that could be shared (either intentionally or unintentionally) with 1Password?

1Password Version: 1Password 7.9.3 (beta)
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: iOS 15.x.x; iPadOS 15.x.x

Comments

• Hi @nimvio ,

So, I will comment on the additional information shared with us when participating in betas. For regular information that collected, see our regular privacy policy here: https://support.1password.com/1password-privacy/

TestFlight has two ways of joining. You could click on a link posted somewhere, or be send a personal invitation. If you clicked on a link then we actually have no more information from you. You are registered as "Anonymous User". If you received a personal invitation via email, then your name, email address, and which version you last installed is recorded on Apple's servers.

Crash reports may also be tagged with name and email information, and may divulge what OS version you are running, what device you are using, what feature you were running, when the crash occurred. Your personal data is not included in crash reports, and submitting them is voluntary.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• nimvio
    nimvio
    Community Member

Thank you, @ag_kevin , that was helpful.

• Glad to help!

This discussion has been closed.