1Password 8: locks after 2 minutes and does not use Face ID or Touch ID

Options
XIII
XIII
Community Member

Congratulations on releasing the "Early Access" version of 1Password 8 for iOS!

Unfortunately 1Password 8 locks after 2 minutes and does not use Face ID (on my iPhone X) or Touch ID (iPad Pro 10.5").

This makes it really hard to use/test this version... 😢

1Password Version: 8.7.0 (80700045)
Extension Version: n/a/
OS Version: iOS 15.4.1 & iPadOS 15.4.1

Comments

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, it's turned off by default?

That's a really lousy first impression...

(Hope you can read the setting from version 7 in the final version 8)

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Even worse: the next time after enabling biometric unlock you still need to type your password... (once?)

Only after that it seems to work?

• Hi @XIII! For this initial Early Access build, you do indeed need to take a trip into Settings to enroll the app in Face/Touch ID. By the time we leave Early Access we plan to have a nice walkthrough during setup for essential settings, such as enrolling the app in Face/Touch ID.

In the case of Face/Touch ID, that is something the user must enable, we are not able to auto-enroll the app for that.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

I had enrolled 1Password to use FaceID after reading your post, so I was kinda prepared. However it still seems to ask for my master password after 2 minutes and when I enter it, the app freezes.
    Think I'll skip this version and keep using the v7 beta ;)

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Think I'll skip this version and keep using the v7 beta ;)

For me v7 (TestFlight) already moved to a folder and v8 is in the dock (to give it a good test run).

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Lucky you. I can't test anymore because as soon as I try to type my master password, the app freezes always at the 22nd character and eventually crashes.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

I started using v8 and removed v7. I also had to enable FaceID first, but now v8 unlocks with FaceID. I had to type in my password when switching autofill in iOS settings from v7 to v8, but now autofilling works with FaceID.

Actually, all looks good now. Let's test further... 👍

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_kevin Using an iPhone 12. It‘s always the same position, the 22nd if I have counted correctly. 
    @XIII Thanks for the hint, pasting the master password did help. And now it seems like it’s working with FaceID unlock 

This discussion has been closed.