Beta comments

Options
rctneil
rctneil
Community Member

Hi,

Just seen the release of the iOS v8 beta. Installed and first impressions are that it's pretty nice! I do like the consistency.

My main bug bear right away is Search.

1. I'd expect (on iOS) to be able to pull down on the item list to expose a search field at the top.

2. The Search tab, if you accidentally tap the Search tab, it automatically opens a keyboard, but with my muscle memory of iOS tabs, at that point, my finger is hovering over the Home tab, but obviously tapping in that location just presses a key on the keyboard. I'm not sure of a solution to this but there's something that just feels "off" about it.

3. Similar to 1, I'd expect a search field to appear when pulling down on the home page view.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• @rctneil Thanks for the thoughts on Search! Those are great observations. I'm also so glad to hear that you are overall enjoying the new app!

• volts
    volts
    Community Member
    Options

Your feedback about #2 is very interesting to me. I like that Search automatically opens the keyboard - it would be very annoying to tap Search and then an additional time to begin keyboard entry.

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for putting search field where it belongs on iOS, i. e. pull down the list to show the search field

• chris55
    chris55
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm, pulling down for me instinctively means a refresh. There’s usually a search bar at the top of the app (no need to pull down) or a search tab on the app.

Asides from the home screen where pulling down reveals spotlight search, settings, messages and WhatsApp, where else is there a pull to reveal search action? Admittedly I have only had a quick scan.

There isn’t a lot of continuity even in the Apple apps on this having had a quick scan through. Some is pull down, some are a search bar at the top and some are a tab button.

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

iOS has two types of pull down. The short one like in mail or preferences reveals search above the list. The longer one refreshes like in mail.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

I'd also like to add that I miss search in item category views. Being able to search inside a category is vital for me :)

This discussion has been closed.