1Password 8 OTP question

Options
hevak
hevak
Community Member

Hi 1Password team...and congrats on the early access launch. I love that the new app feels so fast in so many areas, but I'd like to request/remind you to not get your priorities backwards when it comes to form and function. In the blog post, you emphasize how gorgeous it is, but that should be secondary to how well it actually works for its intended function (even in the UI/UX).

One example I've already noticed in 8 that is markedly worse than 7 is getting to your OTP passwords. Granted in 7 this wasn't the best (that crown goes to Authy, where it's 1-2 taps to open and copy the OTP you need), it was still good enough that I moved everything to 1Password. It took 2-3 taps in 7, but it's now at least 4 taps to copy an OTP in 8. This is the wrong direction...please make this quicker/better. Ideally, there would even be a customizable screen that just has all your OTPs so you could quickly and easily copy them.

And before someone mentions the clipboard feature, I know. I use it. It doesn't solve for cases where your entering that info on a different device or don't have universal clipboard, or cases where an app or website is just confirming your OTP and not all your login credentials.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @hevak ,

Thanks for writing in with your feedback. Yes, I can certainly see that it's longer to get at some data right now. But I do want to stress that it's right now. Some of our screens are still evolving, so I can't say yet exactly how we're solving this, but we do plan to solve it and make it much quicker to get the info you're looking for. Your feedback is helpful here, and we'll be taking it into account when evolving the release.

Thanks,
    Kevin

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

The best solution would be to get a section on Home view where all entries are listed with 2fa enabled and where you could see all 2fa codes directly in the list like it is in Enpass app or other 2fa apps.

You could enable or disable this section on Home view and could copy the 2fa code directly. 😉

• JuCos
    JuCos
    Community Member
    Options

😍
    I love that!

• rr0ss0rr
    rr0ss0rr
    Community Member
    Options

+1

This discussion has been closed.