With 2 accounts on firefox I can only sign into 1 at at a time

Options

I have a work and personal 1password account. In the latest firefox extension updates when I have timed out both accounts get locked. I can't unlock the other one without locking the other account. Extremely frustrating and a breaking change imo. I have to close all firefox tabs and restart to gain access again to both at the same time.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.3.2
OS Version: 12.3
Referrer: forum-search:firefox

Comments

• Hi @chapppie:

I'm sorry to hear you're running into trouble with unlocking 1Password between your two accounts. Just to confirm a few things, do you have desktop integration enabled between Firefox and 1Password on your Mac, and are you using the same account password across your work and personal 1Password account? Generally speaking, we'd recommend using the same account password for any 1Password accounts you may have. Let me know, and I can dig in further with you!

Jack

• chapppie
    chapppie
    Community Member
    Options

I don't share the same password across accounts. In general that's not really good security to my knowledge. I would also prefer not changing those passwords. I have the desktop integration enabled between Firefox and 1pass on my mac.

• chapppie
    chapppie
    Community Member
    Options

Following up on this again.

• chapppie
    chapppie
    Community Member
    Options

This workflow is extremely annoying because to sign into the other account I have to lock the first account. This workflow is not only awkward but it means I have to keep on logging in and out constantly to get access. Please fix this as it's a terrible experience.

• Hey @chapppie:

Thanks for following up. It sounds like there's a few things at play here. If 1Password in the browser is successfully communicating with the 1Password app, unlocking 1Password for Mac should unlock 1Password in your browser as well. If this isn't what you're seeing, then we can definitely dig in further to improve your state of play.

Additionally, while we'd recommend that you use the same account password for any 1Password accounts you may have, we've recently added a change to the beta version of 1Password in the browser:

Locked accounts are now included in the account list so that you can unlock them right from the pop-up. {#11600}

You can get the beta release of 1Password for Firefox here: https://support.1password.com/betas/#install-a-beta-release-of-the-1password-extension

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.