Mac - See 1Password but click to unlock doesn't work

Options
StanPHL
StanPHL
Community Member

Hi, I'm using MacOS 11.6 and Safari 15.0. I have used 1P for years but lately when I come to a p/w field, the dialog box will show up, but when I try to click on the Unlock, nothing happens. If I click on the 1P icon in the Safari toolbar nothing happens. If I click on the 1P icon in the Main/System tool bar nothing happens. I have to click on 1P in the tray and then find the site. Not certain what happened. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 11.6

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @StanPHL!

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password?

• StanPHL
    StanPHL
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ag_Ana,

That did the trick. I specifically quit every application and then shut down the Mac M1. Then started up and loaded up my applications. It worked like it used to. I know for Windows which we use in work you always 'reboot' the PC but I haven't had to think that way on a Mac in so long, I forgot. Thanks, stan

• On behalf of Ana, you're very welcome @StanPHL! :smile:

• mrstucci
    mrstucci
    Community Member
    Options

Hi-This solution works for me which is great! But I have had to do this twice now in the last couple of weeks... I didn't have this issue before but lately, yes. I am still running Big Sur on my M1 Mac, Safari 15.0.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mrstucci:

What version of the 1Password app is this happening with?

• mrstucci
    mrstucci
    Community Member
    Options

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mrstucci:

Thank you for the confirmation. I think our developers are aware of this unlock behavior in certain cases, so hopefully they will be able to address this soon :+1:

• mrstucci
    mrstucci
    Community Member
    Options

That would be GREAT! Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome :)

• mikeindc
    mikeindc
    Community Member
    Options

I had a similar problem. I deleted 1Password, rebooted and then reinstalled and it seems to be working now. Previously I was always getting a request to unlock 1Password which was doing nothing.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for sharing @mikeindc :+1:

• mrstucci
    mrstucci
    Community Member
    Options

Well, here it is April 2022 and I am having the same problem. I have had to delete the app and install again 3 times. This is #3. It works for awhile and then doesn’t work anymore. The application icon looked ‘generic’ the 2 previous times. I have an M1 Mac running Monterey. The version of 1Password is 7.9.4 on my Mac. The Safari extension is 7.9.3. Not sure what it is on my iPhone/iPad. Kind of frustrating.

This discussion has been closed.