Doud_FtC
Doud_FtC
Community Member

System details:
macOS 12.1
iOS 15.3.1
watchOS 8.4.2
1Password 7.9.4

When I access 1Password — either on the desktop or via the browser extension — it brings up a dialog indicating I can unlock using the watch or entering the master password. But, the watch no longer buzzes and a double click on the side button accesses the wallet app. Preferences -> Security shows that TouchID and the watch are both enabled. I know that the watch is "talking" to the laptop because the OS automatically lets it wake the system from sleep. This is a fairly recent, and consistent, problem that's been going on for several months.

I have restarted the laptop, phone, and watch. Please advise with any suggestions. I browsed the discussions and saw this has come up before, but only in closed discussions.

1Password Version: 7.9.4
Extension Version: 7.9.4
OS Version: macOS 12.1

Comments

• Hello @Doud_FtC! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Apple Watch unlock. As a first step, since it looks like you're running older versions, can you update both your Mac and your Apple Watch to the latest versions of macOS and watchOS:

Then restart both devices. Once this is done please try to use your Apple Watch to unlock 1Password and let me know if it now works. I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

• ranmac
    ranmac
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same issue and am on latest version of OS, iPhone and Watch... tried restarting everything and still no prompting on the watch.

MacOS 12.3.1 (21E258)
    iOS 15.4.1
    1Password 7.9.4
    Watch 8.5.1

• fraslin
    fraslin
    Community Member
    Options

I am also having the same issue with the same versions of everything

• @ranmac and @fraslin

I'm sorry to hear that you're both having trouble with Apple Watch unlock. I'd like to ask you both to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.