To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1Pasword 8 Email

Options
BenBob
BenBob
Community Member

I'm confused by the statement in a recent email from Dave: "If you are still using iCloud or Dropbox or WLAN Sync, now is a great time to migrate over your data so you’ll be ready for the new release. You can trade in your license for 50% off your first 3 years by launching 1Password 7 and clicking the upgrade link."

I am using 1Password 7 and have been using 1Password for several years:

Question 1: Above it talks about trading in my 1Password 7 license for 1Password 8 (which is not released yet I believe) by clicking on the upgrade link - and get 50% off for the first 3 years. I can find no such upgrade link.

Question 2: It talks about "if you are still using iCloud, now is a great time to migrate." Using iCloud for what? Passwords? I use 1Password for my passwords. I only use iCloud for storage of documents, etc. Please explain as I am confused!

Ben

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: ???
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• Hey @BenBob:

Thanks for reaching out, and great question! If you're using a 1Password membership, rather than a standalone vault synced with iCloud or Dropbox, you're all set for 1Password 8! You can verify by checking on 1Password.com and confirming that all your items are there as expected. Let me know!

Jack

• BenBob
    BenBob
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Jack - I guess I am ok - when I click the link and sign in, I then click my vault and I see all my passwords. What's the deal about upgrading to 1P 8?. I still see no such upgrade link.

Thanks

• Hey @BenBob:

We're still putting the finishing touches on 1Password 8 for Mac, but it's in beta currently if you'd like to give it a try: https://1password.community/discussion/122136/1password-8-for-mac-beta-🥰#latest

As 1Password 8 only supports 1Password memberships, you'll see an upgrade link in 1Password 7 if you have any standalone vaults to help you migrate to a 1Password membership. If you're not seeing the upgrade link in 1Password 7, you should be all set!

Jack

• BenBob
    BenBob
    Community Member
    Options

Got it - many thanks Jack!

• Blake
    Options

On Jack's behalf, you're welcome! We're happy to we were able to help! 💙

• davaes
    davaes
    Community Member
    Options

To clarify then, does this mean that only those who 'migrate over their data' get the 50% off rate for the first three years? Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

Hey @davaes!

The deal is for upgrading to 1Password membership, which does involve a data migration, yes. 😊 You're welcome to talk through the details with our migration team before you make a decision. They can be reached by email at support+tradein@1password.com. Thanks!

Ben

• davaes
    davaes
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Ben, and if I'm reading this thread correctly, migrating data does not apply to me because I'm using a 1Password family membership. So unless I'm missing something I need not do anything when PW 8 gets up and running, correct?

• Hi @davaes:

That's absolutely correct. If you're already using a 1Password membership, all you'll have to do to get started with 1Password 8 is sign into the app. Just so you're aware, 1Password 8 is already out for Windows and Linux, and in beta for Mac.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.